I am a professional educator, I have taught on all levels of education. I have been a history professor and academic tutor since 2008 and have taught in several New York area colleges among them St. Francis College and The College of New Rochelle. I hold a BA in History from St. Francis College and an MA in American History from St. John's University. I hold Academic honors in the subjects of History, Political Science and Philosophy. I have written extensively on the American Presidency, American International affairs, Domestic labor issues, World War I and II, and the Cold War. I believe in teaching history from a wide range of sources, and I think students should observe the study of history in an opened minded setting. There are no accidents in history, everything happens for a reason, there are always clues and eveidence to follow and research to conduct. I believe in challenging my students and developing critical thinking skills to meet historical challenges.
I began teaching students during my BA course work in 2004, As a student teacher I taught in High Schools and grammar schools. During my student teaching years 2004 to 2007, I began working with special needs students, and I developed skills to help these types of struggling students learn various course subjects. In 2008, I started tutoring high school and college students in various subjects including history, writing, english, political science and philosophy. I have taught college classes with as many as 200 students in various sections. I have taught 60 to 80 grammar school students in an afterschool setting during the school year and the summer months. I have taught intensive AP and SAT test prep classes for the subjects of history and english. My students have always done well, in college course work my students averaged an B grade or higher, in high school course work my students averaged a B grade or better.
Accomplished leader with experience in a variety of fields, including academic institutions, business development operations, and management roles. Past experience includes entrepreneurial work in the staffing space, business operations and development, and serving as an adjunct professor of history. Skilled in a variety of business processes and capable of developing efficient solutions to complex problems.
Track record of success includes utilizing administrative, management, and strategic planning abilities to increase workplace efficiencies and provide outstanding deliverables on time and on budget. Comfortable working in both team and solo environments to accomplish critical tasks on schedule. Broad and deep experience in a variety of fields contributes to a well-rounded approach to all business and administrative tasks.
• Business Operations Improvement
• Business Development and Growth
• Utilizing IT to Improve Efficiency
• Creating Standard Operating Procedures • Academic Learning and Consulting
• Developing Syllabi and Courses
• Litigation Support Staffing Consulting
• Bootstrapping Profitable Businesses
ACADEMIC TUTOR SOLUTIONS, Brooklyn Heights, New York
Academic Tutor and Learning Consultant, 2008 – Present
Provide students with an outstanding tutoring experience in the fields of history, political science, government, constitutional law, international affairs, forensic research, nonfiction writing, and economics.
• Help students to achieve success on standardized tests, develop critical thinking skills, and succeed in test-oriented environments.
• Conduct historical research and analysis on topics in American history, international policy, government, and more.
The College of New Rochelle, New Rochelle, New York
Adjunct Professor of History, 2011 – 2013
Produced successful student outcomes in introductory courses in American History for working adults seeking to return to the work force or change careers. Taught special needs students and tailored lesson plans for students with cognitive disabilities.
• Developed lectures and course materials to inspire students and improve the learning process.
• Utilized technology and educational research tools to guide students, as well as coach them in speaking and presentation skills.
ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE, Brooklyn Heights, New York
Academic Tutor and Adjunct Professor of History, 2008 – 2012
Served as lead instructor for American history courses. Utilized creative and interactive instruction to engage students and teach research, writing, and critical-thinking skills with technology and multimedia.
• Helped students achieve success in history courses and promote lifelong learning.
• Received accolades by students, faculty, and administration for being an engaging professor.
• Went above and beyond to provide students with an outstanding learning experience.
TESTER-FRERS & COMPANY, LLC, New York, New York
Director of Business Operations and Development, 2001 – 2008
Specialized in historical analysis for public awareness firm. Focused on new business development, client relations, marketing, financial management, and public relations. Streamlined firm operations to achieve outstanding growth and client retention in the long run.
• Achieved a 200% increase in average annual sales over 5 years.
• Doubled research staff and won new clients internationally, including Lehman Brothers and JPMorgan Chase.
• Significantly improved the firm’s research capabilities and accounting procedures.
NEW YORK STAFFING TECHNOLOGIES, INC., New York, New York
Director of Technical Litigation Support Staffing, 1997 – 2003
Bootstrapped a career management and staffing firm specializing job placement, career coaching, and assistance for technical trade professionals in a variety of fields and industries. Assisted in building the firm from the ground up by tapping into a unique and highly profitable market niche.
• Grew annual sales to $1.3 million in 2 years – achieved $2 million by 2003.
• Placed more than 650 professionals in a variety of finance and legal firms.
• Oversaw all company operations, market research, business planning, and client relations to successfully grow sales and achieve outstanding client retention.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Masters of Arts, American History
SAINT JOHN’S UNIVERSITY – Queens, NY, 2011
Bachelor of Arts, History
SAINT FRANCIS COLLEGE – Brooklyn Heights, New York, 2007
Homework help closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Academic tutoring to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, academic english lessons for all!
Taking Resume / Cover letter writing prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|
|5 hours||Not available||$250||$250|
|10 hours||Not available||$500||$500|