Dynamic professional with a distinguished military background and a unique blend of leadership, planning, training, and administrative acumen. Outstanding strategic vision and management ability which have proven to be critical assets in developing a positive work environment while exceeding established goals. Sound analytical and organizational skills and a high work ethic with proven capacity to function well under pressure and display a high level of competence. Demonstrated ability to create innovative solutions to address challenges and ensure problem resolution. Highly disciplined with a reputation for “getting things done”. Conversational ability in Spanish. Five years of experience living in Central America.
NOTABLE SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Demonstrated analytical skills and revised curriculum to meet objectives; provided research, writing and briefing, and communication skills during military engagement.
• Implemented solutions that addressed unique needs, quality and outcomes in alignment with established strategies and philosophies.
• Worked with key decision-maker in Central America to improve overall business practice and provided strategy, marketing, and advertising ideas.
• Improved student achievement and academic growth by developing measurable goals and assessing and tracking performance pertinent to set objectives.
• Used professional opinion in analyzing and solving issues when dealing with numerous variables where standard resolutions were not appropriate.
• Built strong relationships with key stakeholders by presenting strategic plans that addressed areas of increased efficiency and productivity.
EDUCATION FIRST, Online,
WALL STREET, Managua, Nicaragua,
BIG BAG ENGLISH ACADEMY, Managua, Nicaragua
ACADEMIA EUROPEA, Managua, Nicaragua
APEX CORPORATE ENGLISH, San Jose, Costa Rica 2011 – 2016
English Professor / Online Teacher
• Instruct students in English online and within classrooms; reinforce learning to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
• Employ educational strategies, assessments and testing during instruction to understand individual learning styles and improve the development of language, cognition, and memory.
• Increase students’ success through effective planning and implementation of learning techniques to enhance academic experiences.
• Provide appropriate evaluations for students and frequently check for understanding.
• Research, analyze, and prepare curriculum, instructional methods, and materials and recommend appropriate teaching methods.
• Employ administrative and financial knowledge to design systems for accounting procedures and accounts payable/receivable.
• Develop marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and initiate revenue growth.
KEMAL OZ PAGE TWO
UNITED STATES ARMY 2006 – 2010
• Assigned Human Resource tasks and served as a liaison between various departments and key military personnel.
• Ensured daily operations were completed in an orderly manner and supervised staff in regards to assigned tasks.
• Gathered facts and performed research using effective, analytical, and established methods to assist with proficient decision-making.
• Briefed senior management on projects and current operations, performed basic office responsibilities and used computer programs to deliver information.
• Served successful deployment to Iraq and other hazardous areas.
• Gained knowledge of advanced military techniques of desert operations; built high endurance skills and critical thinking capabilities.
• Experience balancing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting aggressive timelines.
ST. MARY’S UNIVERSITY, San Antonio, Texas
• Master’s Degree, International Relations (Completed 2011)
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, Austin, Texas
• Bachelor’s Degree, History, Minor: Government (Completed 2008)
MÁXIMO NIVEL, San Jose, Costa Rica
• TEFL/TESOL, Business English Certification (Completed 2011)
150 hours of an internationally accredited program with six hours of practical teaching and 10 hours of in-class observations.