I have been teaching since 2004 and have an Ed.M in TESOL. I have taught in the U.S.A. and abroad. I am fluent in Spanish and am also a published writer.
I love teaching and love helping my students reach their goals and take advantage of all the opportunities that speaking English has to offer. Some information about my classes:
- Speaking/listening, pronunciation and intonation, vocabulary, and writing classes online
- Students of all ages and English levels
- Classes are completely tailored to students' needs and goals.
- I provide detailed feedback after every class.
- In conversation classes, we focus on fluency, accuracy, and comfort and confidence when speaking English. We also work on pronunciation and intonation.
- Students have the option of supplementing these classes with online interactive lessons.
- In writing classes, we use Skype and Google Docs to look at and correct your writing together. We work on sentence structure, punctuation, grammar, and vocabulary.
- For students interested in intensive classes with reading, listening, writing, vocabulary, and grammar exercises, I provide all the materials.
- I also offer classes to help you prepare for job interviews, which include templates to help you organize your answers to potential interview questions, enabling you to feel confident and calm.
- My classes are also fun, as this is such an important part of language learning!
- Classes are taught 5 days a week, (Monday through Friday). Rates for private students:
--- Conversation Classes:
$30 / 1 hour
$23 / 45 minutes
$15 / half hour
--- Writing Classes: $40 / 1 hour
--- Intensive Classes: $45 / 1 hour
--- Interview Preparation: $40 / 1 hour
The first class (30 minutes) is free.
Please contact me for special rates for group classes and other courses.
All our ratings are collected by us and are in confidence, they correspond to a real experience.
Perfect! J'ai pris 2 cours avec Jennifer pour préparer un entretien d'embauche en anglais. Jennifer est une très bonne professeur. Elle m'a aidé a bien formuler toutes mes idées.
Après chaque cours, Jennifer m'a envoyé un document très complet reprenant toutes les remarques faites pendant le cours (vocabulaire, prononciation, tournure de phrases, grammaire, ...) ainsi que des exemples pour aller plus loin.
Très sympathique et souriante, chaque cour se déroule dans la bonne humeur :)
Je vous recommande vivement Jennifer
Thanks to Jennifer, I got the job !
Perfect! Jennifer replied quickly, she helped me a lot for a job interview. She is a very good teacher, patient and friendly. I highly recommend !
Alexandra is a wonderful student! She is very motivated to improve her English and I am sure she will do so very quickly. I look forward to giving her classes!
I can just recommend Jennifer as an ESOL teacher. She’s been given me classes for two months. I wanted to improve my conversational skills and to feel confident in English. Jennifer is a very professional teacher. She truly listens to your needs and always sends me a detailed feedback with all my errors. She’s also a motivating a interesting woman. Not only am I improving my linguistic skills but also my cultural knowledge about the US. It’s always a pleasure to skype with her.
I met Jennifer through a friend who had ESL classes with her some months ago. She told me that Jennifer was the best teacher she´d ever had. So, I hired her to help my son improve his English and get a better score on the TOEFL test. We had just moved from Brazil to the USA and my son only had a few days to study and prepare for the test. Jennifer did a very good job with him.
After that nice experience, I decided to have intensive private classes with her. During that time, I could see what a good teacher she is because she has a tremendous amount of knowledge of what she is teaching. She also has the ability to pass it on to her students in an effective way because she knows the process of learning a new language.
I believe Jennifer was born to teach ESL students, as she is an open-minded person and likes to not only teach but also learn from her students.
I am from France and Jennifer is the best English teacher I’ve ever had!!! We communicate mainly by emails and she always answers very rapidly to my emails, gives me very useful tips, and helps me to have the best English essays I can (as English is not my first language)! She cares a lot about her students and is very professional. Highly, highly, highly recommend.
- I have been teaching for 12 years.
- I have taught students of all ages and English levels from numerous countries.
- Past students/places I have taught include:
--- the Spanish Army
--- Social Security of Madrid
--- executives at ING, Accenture, and Indra in Spain
--- bilingual elementary school students in Mexico
--- middle school students in the U.S.A.
--- Google in Argentina
--- Boston University, Temple University, and Real Colegio Complutense at Harvard University
--- Language learners preparing for exams, study abroad, and travel
My students have consistently received promotions, improved test scores, been accepted to universities, fulfilled other language learning goals, and found tremendous confidence using English.
- Master's of Education in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Boston University
- CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) from International House Madrid
- Bachelor's of Art in History from Bryn Mawr College
- Past courses taught include
--- Academic and everyday vocabulary
--- TOEFL preparation
--- University level speaking/listening/reading/writing classes
--- Pronunciation and Intonation
--- Creative writing
ESL lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, listening comprehension - english lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|