6615 South 25th Drive Phoenix, AZ 85041 (concealed information) (concealed information)
Looking for a position to challenge me and give me an opportunity to learn. Would like to be awarded the chance to broaden my horizons a bit, push some limits, and continue to grow. Would like to be surrounded with and collaborate with bright minds who are interested in the same and also enjoy learning and travel.
Driver | Self-employed | Lyft Boulder and Denver, Colorado 01/ 2016 – 11/216
• Drove passengers in Boulder and Denver
Cashier | Sprouts Lafayette, Colorado 12/2015 – 02/2016
Cashier | Dollar Tree Lafayette, Colorado 11/ 2015 - 02/2016
• Cashier and customer service
• All preparation; lecture, lab instruction, grading and evaluation for Environmental Science courses and labs for both the college and Melissa High School AP courses
• All preparation; lecture, grading and evaluation for Physical, World Regional, and Cultural Geography courses
• All preparation; lecture, grading and evaluation for Science/Earth Science, Geology &GIS labs (4 per semester)
• Mixed chemical agents, prepared agars, and general sterilization of the main laboratory. Preparation of sterilized materials required for educational laboratory experiments to be performed in all classes in the Biology Department at the university
Outdoor/Natural Recreation Planner | Consultant
• Authored NEPA for recreation proposals; provided input for many other proposed projects (including energy projects)
• Managed seasonal employees to do trail work & inventory on 7.5 million acres of public lands
• Designed fields for GPS inventory & trained seasonal staff to accommodate for erosion evaluation & planning
• Assistant Project Manager for the Northern Integrated Supply Project (NISP), Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)- a water enhancement project and proposed reservoir on the Colorado Front Range; coordination of up to 40 resource specialists’ input
• Other natural resource planning projects and writing of related NEPA documents such as trails, open space planning and recreation, land use planning, watershed & wetland analysis in Colorado and in other western states
• Consulting response to Request for Proposals (RFP)
• Implemented the Travel Management EIS plans for roads and trails
• Grant-writing specialist & Volunteer Coordinator
• Vegetation surveying in the State of Colorado for the BLM database via native plant identification skills
• Mapping in GIS. Travel methods include 4x4 and hiking
• Planning for the “Vegas to Reno, 1000 miles Off Road” project & race course Environmental Assessment
Associate Professor of Environmental Science Collin College Central Park Campus 08/2013 - 05/2015
Adjunct Professor of Geography Tarrant County College South Campus 01/2014 - 05/2015
Instructor, Environmental Science Brown Mackie College Dallas Campus 07/2014 - 05/2015
Teaching Assistant, Geography Department University of North Texas, Denton, TX 08/2010 - 05/2013
Natural Resource Planner ERO Resources Denver, CO 08/2006 - 05/2008
Outdoor Recreation Planner Bureau of Land Management Kremmling, CO 05/2002 - 08/2006
Biological Technician Bureau of Land Management Cañon City, CO 05/1998 - 05/2002
Biological Laboratory Technician Colorado State University Pueblo, CO 08/1997 - 05/1998
University of North Texas Denton, TX MS in Environmental Science, Geography GPA: 3.528
• Concentration in Geography applications and on sustainability, water resources, and environmental management
• Awarded a grant to do research on ejidos and water resources at Nevado de Toluca in central Mexico with the Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México (UAEM)
Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO MS in Human Dimensions of Natural/Recreation Resources
• Master's thesis on Recreation user preferences in the North Sand Hills SRMA, North Park area, Colorado
• MS degree funded primarily by the Bureau of Land Management through a Student Career Employment Program grant (employed at the BLM Kremmling Field Office)
Colorado State University Pueblo, CO BS in Biology, Chemistry minor GPA: 3.149
• Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society
• Presented my Master’s thesis and research on recreation user preferences at the North Sand Hills Special Recreation Management Area in order to gain funding from GoCO for trail and recreation area funding and was awarded with the backing of the North Hills SRMA Working Group I formed during graduate school at CSU.
• Guest lecturer at CSU for the Parks and Protected Areas courses and also been a judge at the Colorado School of Mines Senior Projects.
• Organized groups of people for volunteer projects to protect natural resources for National Public Lands Day and National Hiking Day, as well as a number of other localized clean-up projects.
• Presented my research findings from Nevado de Toluca, Estado de Mexico on human valuation of water resources and timber cutting; Payments for Hydrological Services Program at the Denver Botanical Gardens, Society of Ethnobiology.
• Teaching at the collegiate level for Geography, Environmental Science, Geology, GIS, and Earth Science- a sum total of five years.
• Internship with Bureau of Land Management through a grant for vegetation surveys and mapping across the State of Colorado
• Managed many seasonal employees over the years. With the BLM, I managed at least two summer seasonal employees but as many as eight. We often had volunteers that I was also responsible for.
• Being a Volunteer Coordinator I supervised as many as 40 people in a day to get a project completed in a day or a few days (dependent on the project).
• As an Assistant Project Manager for NISP, I coordinated pieces of technical writing between nearly 40 specialists at any given time for two years.
• Led Geology field trips with 30 or more college students each time (multiple days each, 3 times each year)
SAMPLE OF TRAINING AND OTHER EXPERIENCE
• Wildland Firefighter Training, 2002-2006
• Trails Planning and Management Training, 2002-2006
• NEPA, Environmental Assessment Focus training, 2003
• Volunteer Management Training, Colorado, 2003-2006
• OHV Management Workshops, Colorado, 2003-2006
• Awarded Colorado State Parks Trails grant funding for proposed projects, 2004, 2005, 2006
• Guest Student Senior Project Judge, Colorado School of Mines, 2004, 2005, 2006
• Recreation Planning Workshop, Portland, OR. May, 2005
• Guest lecturer at Colorado State University, College of Natural Resources
Parks and Protected Areas Management, 2005, 2006
• Land Use Planning, 2006
• Teaching Assistant Training, 2010
• Awarded a grant for research on water resources in and around
Nevado de Toluca National Park in Mexico, 2011
• Presented at The Ethnobiology Conference in Denver, 04/2012 on Water Resource Values in rural Mexico
• Diffusing the Classroom Training, Spring 2014
• On-line Teaching Course, TCCD, Summer 2014
• On-line Teaching Course, Collin College District, Winter 2013
• Blackboard Training, 2010-2015