I have been offering comprehensive and affordable private lessons to students at their convenient time and place. From day one, my students notice the improvement in their abilities and overall comprehension. Each student has a unique learning style, and it’s my duty to find out what that is and adapt my lessons accordingly.
I have completed MS from San Jose State University, CA and have 5 years experience in Software development.
If the students' place is more than 10 miles then only I charge extra otherwise there is no extra charge for travelling to student's place. Lastly, I like to keep session charge minimum at $25/hr if required otherwise not.
I am a qualified Academic Tutor offering personalized One-on-One Lessons and Group Lessons to students in Los Altos, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, & Milpitas area. I’ve been teaching students of all ages and levels for more than 3 years. I love teaching and am committed to helping students discover and reach their full potential. I have students from middle school to undergrad and everyone did well in their subjects.
Experienced as the professional tutor for 3 years in different academic institutions including SAT/ACT test preparation and overall 5 years of IT experience. Looking for remote part-time teaching assistantships/tutoring jobs in Mathematics, English, Science and Computer Science Subjects. Available on Weekend.
Math Subjects: Algebra I, Algebra II, Calculus, Geometry, Trigonometry.
Science Subjects: Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Domain Knowledge: Software Quality Assurance, Testing & Automation, and Enterprise System Development.
Testing Tools: JUnit, Selenium Web driver, JMeter, XPath, Elementool, Appium, Bugzilla, and Etrack.
Programming Languages: JAVA, Python, C/C++, C#, COBOL, VSAM, JCL, REXX, and CICS.
Operating System: mainframe, windows XP/2000/98, Linux Ubuntu
Cloud & Version Controlling Tool: Amazon AWS, Github, Perforce
Software Methodology: Agile and Waterfall.
Databases: RDBMS, Oracle, DB2, Mongo DB.
Web Services: Restful.
San Jose State University Graduated in May 2015
Masters of Science: Computer Software Engineering San Jose, CA, USA
Specialization: Software System Engineering and Enterprise Software Development
Coursework: Software Quality Assurance, Software Engineering processes, Software System Engineering, Enterprise Software Platforms, Enterprise Distributed System, Enterprise Application Development, Cloud Technologies, Web & Data mining.
St. Thomas College of Engineering & Technology Graduated in August 2008
Bachelor of Technology: Information Technology Kolkata, WB, India
Specialization: Computer Science and Information technology
Coursework: Network theory, Java, Data Structure & Algorithms, System Software programming, Object Oriented Programming and analysis, Artificial intelligence, Soft computing, Computer Architecture, Database Design, Automata, Management Information System and Discrete Mathematics.
(Role: Math Tutor) CA, USA – August 2016 – Present
• Working As private SAT/ACT Math Tutor.
• Helped undergrad students for Calculus exam preparations.
• Clears their doubts and helped in homework.
• Helped Students preparing for SAT/ACT exams.
CMC Ltd. India - November 2008 to February 2009
(Role: Software Faculty)
• Worked as a software faculty.
• Helped students to solve their problems, different questions.
• Taught C, C++ and Core Java to students at Bachelors level and Masters level.
• Participated in group discussions with students to understand their problems.
• Helped students to get hands-on experience with different programming languages.
Career Point India - January 2006 to October 2008
(Role: Software Faculty)
• Worked as a software faculty.
• Assisted students to explain their problems, different questions.
• Imparted C, C++ and Core Java knowledge to students at Bachelors level and Masters level.
• Partook in group discussions with students to understand their problems.
• Aided students to get hands-on experience with different programming languages.
Symantec Corporations CA, USA - June 2014 – August 2015
(Role: Software QA Engineer)
• Working in Data Loss Prevention Team as Quality Assurance Software Engineer.
• Writing Automation Test scripts for P2 (priority level 2) test cases for the new release product, using Java, Selenium, Python, ACT (an in-house scripting language, framework developed in Selenium Web Driver and JUnit).
• Running automation scripts against VMs on the cloud.
• Manual testing of the features and logging bugs into Etrack.
• Joining the Scrum Meetings.
• Analyzing the bugs and proposing probable solutions.
Cognizant Technology Solutions India - February 2009 to October 2011
(Role: Programmer Analyst)
• Worked as a mainframe developer in Broker Management System for Wells Fargo Client.
• Solid Knowledge in analysis and design documentation.
• Designed and developed FDIC new Rule Policy for bank account insurance.
• Successfully tested the developed system using File-Aid and Change man (version Controlling tool) package tools.
• Participated in Migration Project from Wachovia to Well Fargo Banking System.
• Developed DB2 Store Procedure for Retirement Reporting Module of the bank.
• Worked as Software Tester in Amendment Tracking System for ADP Client.
• Solely responsible for testing and bug tracking of each module.
• Developed small scale testing tools.
• Project #1: Automation Test Script for Native Mobile App “ZipList”
Led a team of 4 for automating 200 test cases for ZipList native mobile application in order to save time in manual testing. Found out the 8-10 bug in the existing application and increased automation test coverage.
Technology Used: Selenium Web driver, Appium, and Android Emulator
• Project #2: Unilinks
Developed an online system that helped all international students to get the relevant admission information about colleges and universities of US easily and quickly. The application also provided career information about each academic field of the university by allowing them to connect with the previous passed-out students.
Technology Used: Restful Web Service, Java, Amazon SNS, Amazon AWS, free marker, HTML, Mongo DB and Apollo Broker with Linked API, and Google Charts
Github Repository: (concealed information)
• Project #3: San Jose Downtown Parking Guide
Managed a team of 4 to develop an online parking guide of San Jose Downtown that helped all users to find parking place easily near their current location.
Technology Used: Microsoft SQL Server (2012) and Microsoft Visual Studio (2012) with Google Map API, twitter API, and Facebook API.
• Project #4: Design Caltrain Mobile Application.
Guided a team of 4 to design a Caltrain mobile application prototype, which can give the real time update of the Caltrain timings and help users to save time without waiting at the station on the train being late.
Technology Used: ADT Bundle, Restful Web Service, and Java
• IBM Certified DB2 8V Associate Developer.
• Mongo DB University Certified “Mongo DB with Java” Developer.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
• Received Dream-Team Award for outstanding contribution to team building.
• Received Appreciation for contributing beyond my technical responsibility.
• Received Appreciation emails from my Project Manager and onsite coordinator.
• Part of PROJECT OF THE YEAR 2009-2010 award.
mathematics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, biology lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|