Hello! I am a professional vocalist and composer who sang with the Metropolitan Opera Children's Chorus for six years as a kid, as well as a neuroscience researcher working at USC, so my teaching methodology is deeply rooted in developmental techniques. Depending on your age and music/academic background, certain teaching methods will work better than others. I take immediate and external factors into account before creating a lesson plan or study outline for you, and we will work together to figure out the best way for you to retain information and polish skills. Regardless, music lessons will always include theory and ear training basics, because learning an instrument without those skills as a base will put you at a disadvantage down the line. Similarly, tutoring sessions will focus on learning material in a way that promotes long term retention, using mental tricks that work for you and understanding how to make studying fun!
Rate is flexible, depends on age and skill level
I have been giving piano, voice, music theory an de technology lessons for 8 years. My students have always been inspired to learn, and those who are younger are just as aware as I am (if only subconsciously aware) that leaving a lesson with a smile is extremely important. Attitudes towards lessons correlate with learning potential, and that is one connection I am proud to say I've made a staple of. I have taught many students, and they have all expressed in some way how much better lessons are when learning is fun. This concept also applies to tutoring.
• Neuroscience researcher at USC Brain & Creativity Institute on USC campus
• Music teacher at LAMusArt in East LA
• Music teacher at Bloom School of Music & Dance
University of Southern California 2015
• BM Music Composition & BA Cognitive Science
• Daughters of Vartan Friends of Armenian Music scholar
• USC Chamber Singers - 2014 award for musicianship, int'l tours to Australia, New Zealand, China, and South Korea for the World Choral Symposium
• Volunteer researcher at Brain & Creativity Institute
• USC SURF & SOAR grants for neuroscience research
St. Paul's School 2010
• High school diploma
• First place award for best music composition
• Physics of sound research stipend
• WSPS radio coordinator & award
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music early learning activities - for children lessons for all!
Taking singing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$40||$40||Not available|
|5 hours||$200||$200||Not available|
|10 hours||$400||$400||Not available|