• Teaching Physics
• Seismic Processing with special emphasis to multiple attenuation
• Sub-salt imaging
• Electrical methods with special emphasis to fracture mapping using combined-head-on- profiling
• Resistivity methods in geothermal and ground water mapping
• Gravity data acquisition, reduction and interpretation
• Formulation of petroleum laws, regulations and contracts
01/2013 - Present
Freelance Geophysicist Columbus State Community College
• Geophysical Consultant
2000 - 2006 Department of Energy Asmara, Eritrea
Senior Geophysicist & Petroleum Negotiator
• Interpreted seismic sections;
• Processed seismic data with special emphasis to multiple attenuation in Cairo – Egypt (Spectrum Geopex Seismic Facility);
• Evaluated Technical Reports Submitted by Oil Companies
• Carried out gravity data acquisition for Perenco Eritrea;
• Prepared project proposals;
• Supervised geophysical surveys;
• Negotiated petroleum contracts representing the government;
• Carried out petroleum economic analysis;
• Participated in the review and amendment of the petroleum laws, regulations and contractual documents;
• Conducted Promotional Campaign for Petroleum Exploration;
• Served in Petroleum Operations Management Committee;
• Served in Restructuring Committee (2001 – 02); Ministry of Energy and Mines, Eritrea;
• Managed oil data archive; and
• Involved in Network System Administration.
Geophysical Advisor to Geoserve - Hydrogeological and Geological Survey Consultants
• Prepared hydrogeophysical projects;
• Carried out hydrogeophysical surveys all over Eritrea; and
• Prepared technical reports.
University of Oklahoma
Adjunct Research Scientist
• Conducted research on seismic data processing and interpretation.
1993 - 1997 Hydrocarbon and Geothermal Section Asmara, Eritrea
Senior Geophysicist & Petroleum Negotiator
• Interpreted Seismic Sections.
• Participated in the Preparation of the Geothermal Exploration Project in Eritrean Rift System.
• Reviewed and assessed different geological and geophysical reports and papers on the Eritrean Red Sea and environs.
• Initiated and participated actively on the formulation, preparation and drafting of the integrated technical report entitled “The Hydrocarbon Potential of the Eritrean Red Sea".
• Participated actively in the drafting of Petroleum Laws, Regulations, and Model Contract.
• Negotiated Petroleum Contracts (Chairman of the negotiation team).
1989 – 1993 Ethiopian Institute of Geological Surveys, Addis Ababa - Ethiopia
• Reprocessed the Aluto - Langano Geothermal field (Ethiopia) Geophysical data with additional information from exploratory wells.
• Managed Microseismic network at Tendaho Geothermal Prospect (A project by Aquater, an Italian Company).
1985 - 1989 Ethiopian Institute of Geological Surveys Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Participated actively in geophysical data collection and processing conducted by Ethiopian Institute of Geological Surveys and ELC (Electro consult, an Italian Company) at four geothermal prospects (Gedemsa, Dofan, Fentale and TulluMoye);
• Processed and compiled resistivity, self-potential and gravity data;
• collected in Aluto - Langano and Corbetti areas (Ethiopia);
• Participated in the Ethiopian National Gravity Survey, leading
the team; and
• Participated in Geophysical survey conducted in Corbetti
Geothermal Prospect (Ethiopia), leading the team.
Ethiopian Institute of Geological Surveys
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Conducted geophysical survey (resistivity, self-potential, induced polarization, gravity and thermal methods) for the Ethiopian Geothermal Exploration Project in Aulto - Langano Geothermal field.
• MS in Geophysics, University of Oklahoma, 2000
• Advanced Training and Research on Geothermal Technology and Geophysical Exploration (United Nation University, Iceland), 1984
• BSc in Physics and Math, Addis Ababa University, 1982.
• Computer Repair and Maintenance, Pennfoster, 2013
• Kingdom (Seismic Interpretation Software); Houston, 2003 ............
• Petroleum Economics - PetroCash, (London), 2001........................... Diploma
• Network Administration (ETSS), 2001 .............................................
• Omega /Seismic Processing Software/ (OU), 1998........................... Certificate
• Advanced Seismic Stratigraphy (London), 1997 …………........... Certificate
• Introduction to Seismic Stratigraphy (London), 1997 …….............. Certificate
• Seismic Data Processing Concepts (Houston, USA), 1997……........
• Petroleum Policy and Management (Stavanger, Norway, 1996)........
• EDP Concepts & Computer Software (Asmara, Eritrea), 1996..........
• Petroleum Accounting (Asmara, Eritrea), 1996…………...........…..
• Petroleum Economices - PARCA (Asmara, Eritrea), 1995 ………….
• Geophysical Methods for Ground Water Survey (Eritrea), 1994. Certificate
Operating System Software:
- Windows including NT;
- Microsoft Office;
- Resistivity and other electrical methods;
- MapInfo, ArcView, Surfer;
- PARCA &PetroCash – PetroleumEconomics Software;
- GM: Gravity Modeling;
- Omega – Seismic Data Processing;
- Kingdom – Seismic Interpretation;
- GX2 – Seismic Modeling; etc.
- BASIC, FORTRUN, Excel, and Matlab.
Associate Member of Society of Exploration Geophysicists
• Model Guided Seismic Multiple Attenuation of the Southern Eritrean Red Sea, 2000, Master’s Thesis, University of Oklahoma.
• The Role of Geophysics in Geothermal Exploration, 1993, Second Eritrean Geoscience Congress, Asmara.
• Resistivity Results of Alto-Langano Geothermal field, 1992, Second Ethiopian Geosciences and Mineral Engineering congress, Addis Ababa.
• The Role of Microseismic survey in Geothermal Exploration, 1992, unpublished project report.
• Geological and geophysical results of Corbetti Geothermal Prospect, 1986 New Zealand Workshop.
• Interpretation of Schlumberger Soundings and Combined Head - on Profiling, 1984, UNU Iceland.
- Wrote numerous technical reports.
- Prepared computer programs such as that for Gravity data reduction.
- Attended a number of Workshops (AAPG, SEG, AFRICA UPSTREAM etc.)