My teaching method is to focus on the students goals, learning preferences and needs while building a relationship of trust and respect. I am patient and empathetic, with the ability to adapt my explanations and teaching style to all students.
I have a bachelor's degree in philosophy and am in a master's program for adult education. Over the last 10 years I have tutored hundreds of students in the following: writing, math, philosophy, sociology, test preparation, study skills, resume writing and cover letters. Most notably, I have helped many students overcome their fear of math and achieve grades they never imagined possible which allowed them to progress in their studies and towards their goals.
TUTORING PROGRAM MANAGER
AUG. 2017 – PRESENT
• Direct day-to-day operations at campus tutoring center
• Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and coach student staff
• Design training program and materials to obtain professional certification
• Communicate and partner with faculty and advisors to provide high quality academic support.
• Gather, analyze, and report data
TUTORING PROGRAM MANAGER, SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE
AUG. 2013 – SEP. 2016
• Directed day-to-day operations at campus tutoring center
• Recruited, hired, trained, evaluated, and coached student staff
• Assessed challenges and needs of students referred for academic performance issues and collaborated to develop individualized performance improvement plan focused on students’ strengths, weaknesses and needs
• Created workshops and handouts to assist students in developing academic success and learning strategies in areas such as time management, study skills and techniques, test taking, and more
• Communicated and partnered with faculty to provide high quality academic support.
• Gathered, analyzed, and reported data.
SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTION LEADER/TUTOR, SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE
AUG. 2007 – AUG. 2013
• Assisted students with comprehension in math, philosophy and writing courses
• Developed action plans based on students’ needs and academic goals
• Integrated study skills and test taking strategies with content support
• Created and conducted workshops for students and employees
• Prepared, scheduled and facilitated individual and group study sessions
• Promoted services to students, faculty and staff
• Creating Accessible Learning Environments
• Understanding How Stereotype Threat and Growth Mindset Affect Student Learning
• Distress Signals: Supporting Students Facing Mental Health Challenges
• Help Tutors Increase their Success and Satisfaction: Teach them Metacognition Learning Strategies
• Supporting Nontraditional Student Success: Methods for Faculty and Staff to Serve as Advocates
• Believe: Strategies to Promote Persistence, Self-Efficacy, and Emotional Awareness
• Helping Students Learn in an Age of Digital Distraction
• Diversity Dialogue: Awareness, Knowledge, and Respect
TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY, TEXAS
MASTER OF ARTS ADULT EDUCATION,
Relevant coursework: Teaching Adults, Foundations of Adult Education, Team Development in Education, Human Resources and Professional Development, Community Development for Educators, Organizational Learning
Awards and honors: Jovita Ross-Gordon Scholarship Recipient, Member of Golden Key International Honour Society
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS PAN AMERICAN, TEXAS
BACHELOR OF ARTS PHILOSOPHY, SOCIOLOGY MINOR
Awards and Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$185||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$350||$250|