When I am working with a student I like to see the material they are working with along with their current teacher/professors lecture notes/examples. Once I understand the structure of what is needed I approach the student with a can do Attitude; the subject matter is often manageable but there is a key piece of information possibly being overlooked. If I can find the piece being overlooked the student often finds the subject easy.
Before I started my studies with the University of Florida I worked for SPC (St.Petersburg College) in Seminole, Florida. I was a mathematics tutor for SPC where I would help college students with homework, concepts, and reviews. The level of mathematics I would typically help with would range from developmentally math to introductory differential equations. I spent most of my time working with students one on one but would also work with groups for test preparations.
Tutoring above Calculus 1 will be subjected to a 10% increase
Education – Cumulative GPA 3.74
BACHELOR’S DEGREE | MAY-2021| UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
· Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering – Dual major, Focus on Rocket propulsion
· I Douglas Turner Grant recipient
· Metta Heathcote Grant recipient
ASSOCIATES DEGREE | DECEMBER-2018 | ST. PETERSBURG COLLEGE
· Engineering Transfer Degree – Calculus w/ Analytical Geometry I, II, III and Differential Equations
· Dean’s list 2016-2018
· SPC foundation Eagle Scholar ship recipient
· Tampa Bay Seeds to Stem NSF Scholarship recipient
· Marc A. Anderson U.S. Army Ranger Fallen Soldier Scholarship recipient
· Rotary Club of Seminole Scholarship recipient
MATHEMATICS TUTOR – ST. PETERSBURG COLLEGE – 2018/2019
· Assist Students with understanding mathematics concepts
· Helping students develop key homework and test strategies
STUDENT LIFE ASSISTANT– ST. PETERSBURG COLLEGE – 2016/2018
· Assisting with school community involvement projects
· Providing knowledgeable information on school functions and events
· Employee training – Redeveloped training manual and videos
· diverse social media outreach projects
· President of the St. Petersburg College Student Government Association – 2017/2018
· Senator of the St. Petersburg College Student Government Association – 2016/2017
· Vice President of the Spanish Club of St. Petersburg College – 2016/2017
· Microsoft/ Mac Fluent
· Adaptable Computer skills
· Remote viewing programs (ex. Splashtop, Logmein, Teamviewer)
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$65||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$120||$150|