My teaching method involves a lot of work to figure out where your gaps are in understanding are. We then work through them to get you up to speed. I will tailor my methods to best fit your needs. I will go over previous lectures and have many resources of my own to assist in learning.
I have been a Nurse for 5 years and a university professor/high school teacher for 15 years. I have a BSN and PhD. I have taught: NCLEX, Nursing, Math, Biology, Biochemistry, Med Math, Nutrition, Neuroscience, Psychology. I have also been a researcher for 5 years and have background in writing and editing academic papers.
● Ph.D. Neurological Sciences. University of Vermont. Burlington, VT. (July 2009 – August 2015)
Dissertation Topic: Longitudinal extension of primary afferents is regulated by Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor and Tyrosine kinase receptor B via a brain derived neurotrophic factor related mechanism.
● B.S. Biology. Centenary College of Louisiana. Shreveport, LA. (August 2004 – May 2008)
GPA 3.56, Cum Laude
Honors: Alpha Kappa Delta (Premedical honor society), Division 1 Soccer Player Student Athlete 2004-2008
• B.S Nursing, University of Miami. Coral Gables, FL. (May 2016-May 2017)
GPA: 3.53, Cum Laude
Honors: Sigma Theta Tau (Nursing honor society)
• Registered Nurse. Birchwood Terrace. (December 2019- present).
Rehabilitation unit and Memory Care unit
• Lecturer. Norwich University. Northfield, VT (July 2018- July 2019)
Pathophysiology of Sports Medicine (BIO 364)
Introductory to Biology 101 Laboratories
Food and Nutrition Laboratories (BIO 253)
Anatomy and Physiology II Lecture and Laboratories (BIO 216)
• Adjunct, Norwich University, Northfield, VT (July 2019-present)
Introduction to Biology 101 Laboratories
• Instructor. Community College of Vermont.
Saint Albans, VT. (Fall 2019)
Anatomy and Physiology 1
Brattleboro, VT. (August 2017-January 2018)
Pharmacology lecture and lab
• Adjunct professor. University of Portland Portland, OR. (December 2015- May 2016)
Human Structure and Function (BIO 203) (undergraduate)
• Teaching Assistant. University of Vermont Burlington, VT. (May 2010- August 2013)
Gross anatomy (Graduate level Physical therapy, DPT)
Neuroanatomy (NSCI 215)
Medical Neuroscience (Larner College of Medicine, Vermont integrated medical curriculum)
● Laboratory technician and sakes support. Medcomp Sciences, Portland, OR. (December 2015- March 2017)
Sample collection and processing for patients receiving Suboxone treatment in Portland, OR.
● Graduate student research assistant. University of Vermont, Burlington, VT. (July 2010 – August 2015)
Designed, directed, and managed a doctoral level research project.
Managed and trained undergraduate students and laboratory technicians.
● Teacher's Aide. California Juvenile Court Schools. San Diego, CA. (June 2008-July 2009)
Subjects included: 4-12th grade Mathematics, English and Reading
● Research Intern & Lab Technician Trilink Biotechnologies, San Diego, CA (May 2005-August 2005)
Product testing and oligonucleotide synthesis for research and development team
• Vermont Air National Guard, 158th Fighter Wing. 1st Lieutenant (O-2). Public Health Officer. (September 2017- present)
• Commissioned Officer Training, Air Education Training Command. (June- July 2019)
• Active Guard Reserve Tour (August 2019- October 2019)
Professional organizations and presentations
• Society for Neuroscience member (2010-present)
o Poster presenter at Society for Neuroscience Conference. Disruption of TrkB prevents DRG axon outgrowth in E5 chicken embryo. Washington D.C. 2011
o Poster presenter at Society for Neuroscience Conference. Trpc3 regulation of sensory afferent extension in the embryonic avian spinal cord. (New Orleans. 2012)
o Poster presenter at Society for Neuroscience Conference. Fingolimod promotes primary sensory afferent growth in developing chicken embryo. (San Diego. 2013)
o Poster presenter at Society for Neuroscience Conference. Washington D.C. 2015
• Society for Developmental Biology member (2012-2015)
o Presenter at International Developmental Biology Conference. Montreal, QB, Canada. 2012
• CPR/AED (Adult, Child, Infant) (Expires March 2022)
• Collaborative Problem Solving: Crisis Prevention and Intervention (August 2016)
• CITI: Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative- Human research subjects (September 2016)
• FEMA: Introduction to Incident Command (January 2017)
• University of Vermont Graduate Student Research Forum 2011. Second place in poster presentation. Burlington, VT.
• Society for Neuroscience Vermont Chapter Travel Grant recipient. 2015
• Center for Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) grant recipient and poster presenter. 2012. Washington D.C.
• Helen Fuld Health Endowment Nursing Scholarship 2016.
• North Dade Medical Scholarship. 2017.
● Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR. (2015).
● Art from the Heart Volunteer (2015). The University of Vermont Medical Center, Burlington, VT
● Burlington Vermont Annual Brain Bee Volunteer. University of Vermont, Burlington, VT. (2011-2013).
● Brain Awareness Volunteer (2011- 2014). University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
● Upward Bound Program Volunteer. University of Vermont, Burlington, VT. (2010-2013)
● Volunteer. Prenatal Health Clinic & Tuberculosis Clinic. Saint Vincent De Paul. San Diego, CA. (2000)
• Longitudinal extension of primary afferents is regulated by spingosine 1-phosphate receptors and tyrosine kinase receptor B in the embryonic spinal cord via a brain derived neurotrophic factor related mechanism. (concealed information)
• Registered Nurse. California. License No.(concealed information) (expiration: September 30, 2021)
• Registered Nurse. Vermont. License No. (concealed information) (expiration: March 31, 2021)
college / university preparation lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest pharmacy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, nursing lessons for all!
Taking nutrition sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||$40||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||$38||$450|