My methods are very straightforward as I base everything on how useful or practical it can or will be in everyday life or in the student's future. In Math, it always helps a student to really understand something when they know what the point to all those numbers and equations really is before they dive into a subject.
This approach is what always helped me understand some of those really tough engineering concepts. Most importantly, each student is different, so you adjust the way you teach depending on the student's needs.
I currently offer tutoring in Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry & Trigonometry.
I tutored students for free for about 6 years, while in college as I earned a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering. It was a great experience and I didn’t charge for my services because I felt a need to give back after facing many years in high school where I struggled in subjects that came easy to others.
My main focus in tutoring has always been chemistry, math, and physics. Since it’s what I know best, it’s what I can translate into ways students can easily digest with the most enthusiasm. Subjects I've tutored in the past, in order of increasing level of difficulty, include: Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-calculus, High School Chemistry & Physics, College Calculus & Analytical Geometry, College Physics 3, Transport Phenomena 1 & 2, and some others.
If more than 6 miles of travel is required the rate varies, depending on how far. This is open to negotiation.
Cancellation must be 24 hours before the agreed upon time or a fixed cost of $10 will be charged.
Process Engineering & Textile Dyeing
Proactive Dyehouse Process Engineer with distinguished problem solving capabilities, an acute sense of urgency, and possesses comprehensive knowledge of industrial textile dyeing and production processes. Maintains objectivity during projects, carefully makes practical decisions, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Interested in a workspace where contributions can maximize efficiency and ROI with the optimization of time, talent, energy and other company resources. English-Spanish bilingual with elementary proficiency of Italian , and U.S. citizen not requiring sponsorship. Core competencies include:
Process Data Analysis • Process Control • Quality Control • Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training
ISO 9001 Certified Auditor • Color Perception and Measurement • Color Theory • Process Optimization
Technical Writing • Performance Coaching • Production Planning • Personnel Supervision • Business Management
Arnet Pharmaceutical Corp. Davie, Florida
Contract manufacturer that provides services to clients in over 60 countries around the world, with an extensive line of products that includes vitamins, minerals, amino acids, diet aids, and herbal supplements in the form of tablets, capsules, or powders. All formulas are produced under the guidelines of the United States Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.) and c.G.M.P. in an FDA registered facility.
Quality Control Documentation Specialist (April 2018 – Present)
Responsible for the development, generation and editing of controlled documents. Leads stability studies to confirm clients receive products with the agreed upon shelf-life and coordinates the delivery of samples for external laboratory testing.
Gildan, Dortex Textile Plant Bella Vista Free Zone, Guerra, Dom. Rep.
Leading manufacturer and marketer of basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, underwear, socks, hosiery, and shapewear. It has over 47,000 employees worldwide and sells its products in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, under a diversified portfolio of company-owned brands.
Dyehouse Laboratory Coordinator (October 2016 – April 2018)
The member of the Technical Department that oversees color behavior for over 1 million kilograms of T-shirt fabric per week, monitors dyestuffs and dyehouse chemical quality of a warehouse with a $2.6 million budget, and aids supervisors in root cause investigations for nonconforming product to prevent recurring situations that may put stable production at risk. Supervises activities related to the development, correction and modification of dyeing recipes to securely reproduce cost-effective conditions.
• Lead the Dyehouse Input Reduction project with $500,000 in hard savings for 2017 and the potential to save $1.5 million every following year as a result of decreased water, electricity, steam, and chemical consumption; increased production efficiency, lowered greenhouse gas emissions, and less generation of process wastewater
• Leader of the Low Temperature Dyeing project with $60,000 in hard savings for 2017 and projected yearly savings exceeding $400,000
• Won The Spirit of Quality Award for Best Process Improvement Team for the second consecutive year (2016) after maintaining above standard KPI’s for the dyeing area, which included parameters such as: acceptable quality limit, nonconformities per day, right first time, action plan fulfillment, standard operating procedure audits
• Facilitated production planning with the constant follow-up of trial lot statuses and timely feedback of results
• Successfully presented the idea of a dyehouse process manual and invented a troubleshooting matrix to lay the foundation for that future guidebook
Dyehouse Laboratory Analyst (January 2015 – October 2016)
Responsible for much of the tasks designated to the laboratory coordinator, without the requirement of performance coaching of personnel.
• Won The Spirit of Quality Award for Best Process Improvement Team for 2015
• Reduced the reprocessing percentage through the updating of dyeing recipe information and the creation of an Excel spreadsheet for salt concentration adjustments, allowing supervisors to perform the task with heightened accuracy
• Improved the off-shade lot percentage and production downtime by reformulating the color degradation table for batch programming, designing a table of ranges for spectrophotometer color measurements, technical training of personnel, and supervision of dye lot programming
Falconbridge Dominicana (Falcondo) Loma La Peguera, Bonao, Dom. Rep.
Ferronickel mining company with 60 years of operation in the country, currently employing 500 people, and sells its high-quality product to the stainless-steel industry. (Now owned by Americano Nickel Ltd.)
Chemical Engineering Technician (September 2013 – November 2013)
Intern (March 2013 - September 2013)
Provides the process engineer of the Reduction Plant with the information needed to resolve plant issues that threaten the 14,400 metric ton/day calcine production goal. Compiles operational data for incident analysis; participates in risk assessments, commissioning and calibration of new equipment. Prepares daily reports for upper management with project logs and laboratory results.
• Supervised Operations Department staff and process parameters for Heavy Fuel Oil Trials, Shaft Furnace Reconfiguration Trials, and Petcoke Trials; as well as presenting the results of these projects with yearly savings that exceed $1 million per year
• Drafted a gas sampling protocol to guarantee the safety of personnel involved
• Ensured the stability of calcine production by determining the causes of sinter formation in the furnaces
• Developed equations to check the reliability of laboratory test results informing of the characteristics of fuel mixtures (error ≤ 1.5%)
• Disproved the hypothesis of water expansion causing reactor damage, induced by new fuel oil, by calculating the expansion of reactor gases with real operational data from system logs, which all concurred with reactor design calculations
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (magna cum laude)
Autonomous University of Santo Domingo • Santo Domingo, Dom. Rep. • 2008-2014
Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and advanced Excel • Process control software: PI ProcessBook and OrgaTex • SigmaXL • JD Edwards • GNU Octave • Winspool.drv
Carmelo is very knowledgeable and patient; he has a great ability to explain complex concepts in very simple ways. You won't believe how quickly you'll learn!
Carmelo is great at teaching and has a lot of patience. It's really easy to understand what he is trying to teach you.
Carmelo is very patient and will take time to explain line by line and answer all your questions to make sure you feel comfortable with the work your doing plus give you pointers that help with doing the work later on by yourself, I would recommend him to anyone needing that extra help and support in Math
mathematics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$19||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$17||$200|