As a tutor, I wish to approach any subject the same: start off by determining the bigger picture (i.e. what the problem may be), then explore the necessary tools in order to solve said problem. This way, the problem may seem less stressful and way more manageable.
I also am patient when it comes to student struggling on a particular topic; I tend to determine where the issue is and how to properly help the student find the solution on their own without me having to give the answer out right away. I believe in improving a student's grit when it comes to success in school.
As a teacher, I wish to instill in the minds of my students that struggle and failure are required for success, and are therefore not to get too worked up on. Failure can lead to success when students put their absolute hard work in any task they are working on. With lots of practice an guidance, I will turn failure into success if my students are willing to try their best.
I am an recent graduate of UPEI with a Bachelor of Education who specializes in Math and Science course at the middle school and high school levels. During the program, I have taught in grade 7 and 8 Math, as well as grade 9 and 10 Science and grade 11 Biology for a total of 19 weeks of practicum.
I also have a Bachelor of Science at Dalhousie University with a major in Marine Biology and a minor in Statistics. I have a passion in both math and science, hence my major and minor.
Bachelor of Education 2018
University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE
Focus in Intermediate and Secondary education
Math and Science teachables
Specific Training in:
• Methods courses in Science I and Math I, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Multiliteracy, Social and Emotional Education, Global Citizenship, Inclusive and Diverse Classroom, Indigenous Education
Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) - Welding and Fitting 2017
NOVA Career Centre, Chateauguay, QC
• Specialized in SMAW, GMAW, FCAW and GTAW, as well as cutting techniques (oxyfuel, plasma) and grinding
• Mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum
• Competent at reading and understanding blueprints, good at mathematical calculations
Bachelor of Science 2015
Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
Major in Marine Biology
Minor in Statistics
• Blue Planet, Calculus I and II, Linear Algebra, Stats Methods and Data Analysis, Climate Change, Cell Biology, Diversity of Life I (Plants) and II (Animals), Aquaculture, Ecology and Evolution of Fishes, Marine Mammalogy, Invertebrate Biology, Theory of Interest, Regression Analysis.
Teaching Related Experience
Pre-Service Teacher Feb – May 2018
East Wiltshire Intermediate, Cornwall, PE
Grade 7 Math:
• Planned and taught lessons on area of parallelograms and triangles, as well as circumference of circles and diameter/radius relationship
• Inputted marks into StudentAchieve
Grade 8 Math:
• Taught lessons on square root and Pythagorean theorem and surface area of prisms
Grade 9 Science:
• Was involved in science meetings discussing the new 2018 pilot program for Grade 9 Science.
• Taught lessons on the atom and current electricity
Pre-Service Teacher Oct - Dec 2017
Montague Regional High School, Montague, PE
Grade 12 Welding (FCAW 801-D):
• Taught the math required for the course (metric to imperial conversion, volume and area, and material cost)
• Planned a project for the students: build from a blueprint
• Wrote a test for a module
Grade 11 Biology:
• Assisted teacher during class and laboratory activities
• Created a unit test
• Designed and assessed activity involving the students to draw the heart and outline the direction of the blood in and around the heart
Grade 10 Science (421):
• Taught lessons on the physics unit of grade 10 science, which included:
o Significant digits
o Scientific notation
o Unit conversion
Private Statistics tutor
• Tutored a Dalhousie student in first year Statistics
Level B Assessor 2017 - Present
Certified to test and administer assessments at Level B
SCUBA Diver 2011
Advanced Underwater SCUBA certification
Referee of the Year 2016
• Awarded to the Referee, as part of the Lakeshore Minor Hockey Officials, who excelled during the hockey season by showing good work ethics, as well as excellent knowledge of the rules of the game.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$22||$22|