My teaching method is highly personalized, and suited to the requests and needs of the student. I strongly believe that the best way to cultivate a student's writing skills is by focusing on one essay at a time, discussing the assignment at hand and then following that up with thorough line edits. The teaching process should be a shared journey, wherein the teacher shepherds the student's scholarship, enabling him or her to bring the essay to its fullest potential. Ultimately, the goal is to not only cultivate a student's writing skills, but also their critical thinking skills.
I am a writer / director with three years of teaching experience, including at the top public high school in Thailand. My former students now attend top universities around the world, such as UCLA, UC Berkeley, and Georgetown. I have a BA in English Literature from Hamilton College and an MA in English from King's College, London, where I first staged a play I wrote, entitled 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' I then brought the play to Los Angeles' Hollywood Fringe Festival, where the play enjoyed a sold-out, critically-acclaimed run.
• Experience writing and directing theater productions in Los Angeles, London, and Bangkok
• Three years of experience teaching students of all ages, including at the top public high school in Thailand
• Over two years of experience as an assistant in office settings and on film sets
• Excellent creative and critical writing skills (several publications in fiction and nonfiction)
Playwright / Producer / Director / Actor - London, England and Los Angeles, CA March 2018 and June 2019
• Wrote, produced, directed, and acted in an ensemble play entitled ‘Why did the chicken cross the road?’ The play follows each of the words in that joke as a character as they try to figure out their meaning and reach the ‘real world’.
• First staged the show in London, England while pursuing my MA, then brought it to LA’s Hollywood Fringe Festival. Both productions were sold-out and critically-acclaimed, with the LA run receiving a Producer’s Encore Award.
• Financed LA production by Ubering and running an Airbnb; coordinated rehearsal schedule with a fifteen-person cast; organized the show’s advertising campaign; attended networking events to promote the show.
Production Assistant – Los Angeles, California October 2018 –April 2019
• Worked on Drake Doremus’s Endings, Beginnings, commercials, and short films, including two AFI productions.
• Transported crew and made coffee runs; coordinated craft services; stepped in as background and stand-in; fire-watching and lockdown; assisted props truck; performed various tasks.
University of Vermont Department of Nursing September 2016 – September 2017
Administrative Assistant – Burlington, Vermont
• Handled heavy phones and scheduling; wrote emails; reviewed faculty manuscripts; attended to clerical duties; kept logs for syllabi, course reports, expenses; wrote articles for school newsletter; took meeting minutes.
Triam Udom Suksa School May 2015 – March 2016
English Teacher – Bangkok, Thailand
• Taught English Reading & Writing to Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores at the #1 public high school in Thailand; studied To Kill a Mockingbird and Macbeth. Former students now attend UC Berkeley, UCLA, and Georgetown.
• Ranked top teacher based on performance; designed my own curriculum; wrote letters of recommendation; held lessons for scholarship preparation; organized visit by a recruiter for Tokyo International University.
• Co-organized the Drama Club; directed and edited the script for National Championship-winning production of Madame Butterfly; founded the Movie Club; arranged weekly film screenings.
• Designed courses on ESL, SAT Writing, CEFR, Teacher Training, psychology, globalization, art, and history.
• Wrote the screenplay for an educational film approved for production by the Thai government.
Yothinburana School November 2014 – March 2015
English Teacher – Bangkok, Thailand
• Taught English Reading and Writing and Teacher Training courses at a Thai military high school.
• Developed game-based curriculum; wrote and delivered speeches for assemblies and morning announcements.
American Prison Writing Archive January 2013 – May 2014
Research Assistant – Clinton, New York
• Read and summarized essays written by inmates from across America; decided which were publishable; logged and filed new submissions; organized paper files; designed a filing and documentation method; scanned essays with SilverFast; wrote procedures; presented at the Re:Humanities Symposium in 2014.
• Conducted a national search of prisoner support organizations and carried on correspondence with them.
King’s College, London September 2018 Hamilton College May 2014
Master of Arts in English Literature Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
Cumulative GPA: 70 (distinction) Cumulative GPA: 3.4
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||Not available|