- I am an organize, driven and creative person who wants to teach English/Spanish lessons in a dynamic and innovative way to people of all ages.
- My teaching methods will vary depending on each student. Customized lessons for each student will facilitate each of them to learn at their own pace.
- English is my third language and I've gone through the process of learning a different language than my mother tongue for many years. I want to teach my students the most successful learning techniques that I've been exposed to and created myself so they can learn how to speak/improve their proficiency in another language.
- MA in Communication Studies and BA in Translation and Interpreting (English/Spanish).
- 2 years-experience teaching public speaking at the University of South Dakota, one year-experiecnce teaching English and Spanish online and face-to-face lessons (Superprof Spain).
- Currently I have two students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCES
• Fluent speaking and writing in Spanish, Galician (Galicia), and English. Intermediate II level in French. Conversational level: Italian and Portuguese.
• Two years studying abroad during Bachelor of Arts:
- Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic (Erasmus program) 2011-2012
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota (International Exchange program) 2012-2013
University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota
• Master of Arts in Communication Studies December 2017
Cumulative GPA: 3.80
University of Vigo, Vigo, Spain
• Bachelor of Arts in Translation & Interpreting July 2015
Relevant Coursework: Special Topics in Organizational Communication, Online Internet Marketing Communication, Managerial Marketing, Personal Selling, and Health Communication.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Graduate Assistant August – December 2017
International Office, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD
• Completed administrative tasks and special projects.
• Developed and implemented orientation programs, off-campus educational programs, activities and other key cultural integration initiatives.
• Ensured a positive living and learning experience for international students.
• Advised the University’s International Club, which consists of approximately 145 domestic and international members of the university committee.
• Created and oversaw the development of a strategic communication plan to assist international students navigate the admissions process while overseas.
• Assisted International Student Advisor with the hiring and logistics management of Student Ambassadors.
• Scheduled, supervised, and participated in events included in the International Education Week.
• Managed the International Club’s Student Life platform on the USD website.
• Created posters and flyers for some of the International Club’s events using Canva.
• Updated Club’s social media, while posting relevant information and events to the members of the Club on Facebook and usdinvolved.usd.edu.
Graduate Teaching Assistant January 2016 – May 2017
Communication Studies, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD
• Developed and taught six sessions of Speech Communication 101 consisting of approximately 100 undergraduate students.
• Performed instructional sessions of the Speech in Communication 101 course,
concentrating on communication skills and public speaking.
• Built teaching materials and graded speeches as well as written papers included in the Speech in Communication 101 course.
• Attended training sessions and department meetings, while providing feedback and new ideas to the curriculum of the course.
• Served as instructor mentor.
• Co-authored the textbook used in the Speech Communication 101 course: Valenzano, J., & Braden, S. (2013). The speaker’s primer – Customized for University of South Dakota. Southlake, TX: Fountainhead Press.
Waitress. June 2014 – June 2015
Asgalla, Galicia, Spain
• Performed management duties to ensure productivity.
• Maximized sales by 50%, while providing exceptional customer service.
• Trained three new employees.
• Communicated job expectations, while ensuring teamwork and a friendly environment.
• Enforced quality and customer service standards to fulfil customers’ needs.
International Ambassador. University of South Dakota January – December 2017
• Assisted approximately 70 new international students throughout Orientation Week.
• Promoted campus involvement by advertising student services activities and student organizations that students can participate and get involved in.
• Explained resources on campus and conducted informal campus tours.
• Assisted International Office staff oversee orientation and the management of the ambassador team, consisting of 10 members.
• Oversaw student programming on campus and in the community after orientation activities.
International Club. Co-Advisor. University of South Dakota August – December 2017
• Organized culturally educational events on campus such as the “Himalayan Night” or “Festival of Nations.”
• Mentored organization leaders, while ensuring the success of the Club’s goals.
• Developed a strategic plan for the strength and longevity of the organization.
• Collaborated with other student services professionals on campus for campus-wide programming initiatives.
• Managed and oversaw the fundraising project “Hurricane Relief Project” in conjunction with the UAAS and the United Church of Christ.
• Maintained calendar of upcoming International Club email communications.
International Student Club Volunteer. Brno, Czech Republic February – June 2012
• Performed speeches for children and teenagers about the studying abroad Erasmus program.
• Motivated students to keep studying and have a good degree path.
CERTIFICATIONS & DIPLOMAS
• Certification in volunteer speeches in different High Schools in Brno, Czech Republic by ISC (International Student Club), 2012.
• Spanish tutor Diploma by Peer Learning Program, University of South Dakota, 2013.
• Dean’s List of the College of Arts & Sciences, University of South Dakota, 2013.
• International English Language Testing System Certificate by the British Council, Madrid, Spain, 2015.
ESL lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||$85||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||$180||Not available||$200|