My teaching style focuses on breaking down problems into manageable pieces and always focusing everything around a student's current foundation of understanding. I appreciate that every student has their own pace and style of learning and I love the challenge of finding unique teaching solutions for unique individuals. I find that biology lends itself well to examples and illustration and I enjoy making conceptual models to help students understand difficult subjects.
I am a recent university graduate (May 2018) with a double degree in Genetics and Biology. I've been tutoring online for over a year in a diverse range of life science subjects including biology, genetics, biochemistry, nutrition, and microbiology. I've tutored students in introductory and higher-level coursework. I particularly enjoy helping students with scientific literature analysis and report writing.
I have industry experience as a genetics researcher for a private crop development company. In my free time, you'll find me outdoors running, hiking, or paddlebaording.
Washington State University
Bachelor of Sciences in Biology; Genetics & Cell Biology May 2018
Geneshifters, LLC, Researcher (August 2018-present)
• Performed a diverse set of tasks in the lab and field to advance crop improvement
• Trained incoming employees on scientific protocols and coordinated multi-person projects
Chegg Tutors, Tutor (June 2018-present)
• Facilitate learning of college of biology coursework through virtual online learning platform
• Simplified complex ideas across diverse range of life science topics
• Proven record of success with 95% approval rating
Washington State University Cross Country and Track, Volunteer Assistant Coach (August 2018-May 2019)
• Mentor collegiate athletes on aspects of training and competition
• Provide logistical support to ensure an effective and safe practice environment
Washington State University, WSU Cross Country and Track Team Member (August 2013-2018)
• Was a scholarship athlete and twice selected men’s team captain (2015, 2016)
• Was a scoring member of two NCAA championship qualifying teams (2015, 2016)
WSU Department of Plant Pathology, Lab Assistant (Summer 2017)
• Worked on research projects studying the genetics of nematode infection in potatoes
• Developed skills in preparing media, maintaining sterile conditions, and performing typical genetics reactions
WSU Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Committee Representative (2014-2018)
• Met with student representatives from each varsity sport at WSU
• Provided communication between athletes and administrators
• Worked with diverse group of student athletes to coordinate events and improve student-athlete wellbeing
HONORS & AWARDS
• PAC 12 All-academic team –first team cross country 2014, first team track and field 2015, honorable mention cross country and track & field 2015-2016
• USTFCCCA All-West region cross country 2015, 2016
• Glenn Terrell Presidential Scholarship recipient
• Coug Pals (2014-2015) –Pen pal letter writing program with local elementary students
• Butch’s Bash (2013-2017) –set up an operated carnival games at holiday event for local children
• Peer academic counselor (2015) –assisted freshman student-athletes with coursework and overall college adjustment in their first semester
• Palouse Library After School Program (2014)
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$18||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$90||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$160||$200|