I tailor my teaching style based on the students' needs and questions. I usually start up by inquiring about the students' background knowledge on a topic and I work up from where they were at. Being a student myself, I always place myself in my students' shoes and explain concept I think might be confusing to the student.
I am a Senior Biomedical Engineering student with a minor in Computer Science. Throughout my college years, I've found explaining to other students fun and interesting as I use it as a learning tool for me. Also, over Summer 2018, I was a Precalculus teaching assistant for a University Preparation Program. I worked with the students after class with assignments and further help.
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering with a minor in Computer Science GPA: 3.30
University of Vermont (UVM), Burlington, VT May 2020
Technical Expertise: MATLAB, JAVA, C++, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, GLP, Cell Culture, Cell Counting, Medical Imaging, PCR
Relevant Coursework: Anatomy and Physiology, Human Cell Biology, Organic Chemistry, Tissue Engineering, Medical Imaging Systems, Nano-biomaterials, Data Science I, Statistical Learning,
Awards: Dean’s List Spring 2019
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE
Senior Engineering Design Project August 2019 - Present
• Financial manager on an interdisciplinary team of 4 Engineering students
• Passionate about research and development and bring curiosity to the research process
• Analyze force through lap shear and tensile testing
• Design endoluminal sleeve to prevent anastomotic leaks in the large intestine
• Research materials and adhesives and how they will interact with the large intestine
• Present design rationale, increments and analysis to clients and other interested audience
Weiss Laboratory at Vermont Lung Center, Burlington, VT September 2018 – January 2019
Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Decelled chicken lungs needed for further research like recellularization and biomaterials synthesis
• Performed PCR to determine the presence of mycoplasma DNA in cell culture
• Cultured lung cell lines used in co-seeding trials and record experimental procedures and outcomes
• Assisted lab safety officer in ensuring lab safety
BMES Design Project, Burlington, VT January 2018 - May 2018
• Perform burst pressure testing on adhesive biomaterial sealants
COMPUTER SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
Data Structures and Algorithms: C++ Spring 2019
• Analyzed a data set of bank clients containing over 1,000 entries and over 5 identifiers (serial number, age, job, marital status, education and credit)
• Analyzed the behavior of Binary Search Tree, AVL Tree and Splay Tree by sorting and finding specific bank clients objects in the trees
• Compared different algorithms based on best options to solve problems while minimizing storage space and time
Intermediate Programming: Java Spring 2018
• Explored concepts of creating a class and encryption by declaring some class variables private
• Created a card game that compares 3 randomly selected cards and picks the highest card
• Sorted data using binary, selection and insertion sort methods
• Implemented stacks and queues in arranging data
Programming for Engineers: MATLAB Fall 2017
• Created different time of filters for noise reduction using MATLAB
• Analyzed signals and systems using operations like Convolution, Fourier Series and Transforms
• Analyzed datasets using MATLAB as a statistical tool
Discrete Structures Fall 2018
● Performed proofs using different proofs styles
● Learned the logic connecting quantifiers and predicates to conclusions
LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATION EXPERIENCE
UVM Residential Life, Burlington, VT January 2018 – Present
• Foster healthy community building by encouraging residents to make active efforts towards developing communities
• Organize community development activities to actively engage residents in the community
• Resolve conflicts in the community
• Manage the front desk as an available resource to residents.
• Respond to emergencies in the Residential Halls
UVM President’s Office, Burlington, VT May 2019 – Present
• Welcome guests and communicate their presence to hosts
• Keep track of office supplies and place orders for depleted supplies
• Organize emails and files for future reference
UVM National Society of Black Engineering Society January 2019 – Present
Senator and Event Coordinator
• Represent the chapter at regional and national level by voting on amendments.
• Organize club event and fundraisers
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|