I try to focus on each individual student. I have my own approach to acting, but I am well versed in different methods so that I can assist students in finding the best method for them. I believe in repetition, hard work, and "acting is reacting."
I have been a performer and director in the Buffalo theater community since my graduation from Niagara University’s Theater program. As a performer, I have appeared on stage with Irish Classical, Alleyway, Lancaster Opera House, New Phoenix, NRTG, Rocking Horse Productions, and Coop’s Spotlight Productions. Outside of Buffalo, I was on the cast of the Pennsylvania Rennaisance Faire and appeared in Twelfth Night in London, England. I have directed at Lancaster Opera House, and performed and directed for my own company, Pared Down Productions. I have also worked with Teal’s Niagara Theater, Williamsville Performing Arts Studio, Camp Broadway, and Kids ‘n Art at NU.
Cancellations occurring less than 24 hours before the lesson will result in the lesson being paid for in full. All other cancellations will be free of charge.
Nathan Andrew Miller
Niagara University Class of 2014
BFA Theater Performance and BA English
Teal’s Niagara Theatre (Various Ongoing Workshops)
• Instruct workshops ranging from “Audition Prep” and college auditions to “Acting the Song” and “Repertoire Selection” at the request of the studio owner.
Williamsville Performing Arts Studio (July 2018-October 2018)
• Worked as an instructor for group classes including Musical Theater Workshop, Acting I (ages 10-13), and Acting II (ages 14-18) as well as private acting and musical theater performance lessons
Pared Down Productions (August 2015-September 2018)
• Served as Artistic/Executive Director, directed Romeo & Juliet, and The Last Five Years. Ran an educational workshop in conjunction with productions of Romeo & Juliet and The Tempest
Kids ‘n Art, Niagara University (Summer 2013 and 2014)
• Acted as camp counselor for theater portion of week-long sessions; trained young actors in improv, theater and team building games, and helped them to create a script for a 10 minute presentation at the end of the week
Camp Broadway, Shea’s PAC (Summer 2012 and 2013)
• Assisted touring Camp Broadway staff for their week in Buffalo; notated all choreography and blocking, assisted in choosing solos and dialogue for campers, supervised small group of campers in creating “Gypsy Showcase” performance
Sacred Heart Academy (Fall 2009, 2011 and 2013)
• Served as Assistant Director on SHA productions of Into the Woods, Annie, and Meet Me in St. Louis, as well as Fight Captain on Into the Woods and Annie. Worked with individual and small groups of high schoolers with a focus on scene study, fight workshops, and ensemble acting
Basic guitar, piano, musical arrangements; Strong sight-reader; Dialects with
IPA; 3 years scene shop experience, 6 years stage management experience; Musical
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|