I have been a teacher all of my adult life and I strive to help my students achieve a deep fundamental understanding of whatever they study and to make it fun and interesting along the way. I can find a way to make the material relatable and comprehensible to students of all experience and ability levels and pass along my love for learning to anyone with whom I work.
I began my career as an educator while I was still an undergraduate student at the University of California, Irvine. I worked for The Princeton Review teaching SAT preparation classes and I immediately knew that teaching was what I wanted to do with my life. I went back to UC Irvine to earn my Master's in Teaching and Single Subject Teaching Credential in 2007 and I have been teaching various social science subjects ever since. I just finished a Master's in History so that I can teach at the community college level in California.
Instructor – AR Academics 2017 – Present
Tutored a variety of different social science subjects for individuals and small groups, including World, European and U.S. History, Human Geography, Government and essay/research paper writing
Helped dozens of students to improve their SAT and/or ACT scores dramatically in the course of a few weeks; intimate familiarity with both exams, including new elements of SAT
Tutor and Owner/Operator, Advanced Social Sciences – Newport Elite Tutoring 2010 - present
Assist primarily AP Social Science and AP English students with essay writing, research papers, mastery of abstract concepts and improvement of scores on class exams.
• Worked 1:1 with individuals and groups to help 100+ achieve elite-level SAT and ACT scores
• Managed client load of 25-30 students per week, consistently throughout the year
• Prepared students for AP exams in World, U.S. and European History, Government and Economics and AP Literature, English and Composition
• Managed all business administration including web design, budgeting and expenses, marketing and writing all content for blog, web copy and marketing collateral
• Created online resource and information portal for students: (concealed information)
Instructor / Master Tutor / Site Manager – The Princeton Review 2001 – 2008
Taught over 100 courses and privately tutored high school students in a wide variety of SAT preparation courses and academic subjects.
• Managed classes and interpreted results to students and parents
• As Site Manager, ensured the functioning of classrooms, teachers, and instruction materials
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
M.A., History – Southern New Hampshire University (2018)
M.A., Teaching and Single Subject Credential in Social Science – University of California, Irvine (2008)
B.A., Political Science – University of California, Irvine (2003)
Perfect! Due to time constraints in our personal schedule, we ended up being unable to work with John. However, I wanted to review John anyway because he was prompt in getting back to my request and he was helpful in trying to organize a group study session. It's clear that he is a professional and truly understands how to work with students. Thanks, John! We will be contacting you in the future!
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|