Certified Public Accountant with over twenty years experience in teaching, consulting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, accounting management, internal audit, and public accounting. Hands on teacher that teaches concepts/theories and reviews problems/exercise questions to reinforce understanding of material.
For fifteen years, developed and taught college level introductory, intermediate, and advanced accounting courses for class sizes ranging from 10 to 30 students; to prepare them for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. Hundreds of students successfully graduated with Bachelor Degrees in Accounting. Many pursued graduate school Masters Degrees and the CPA certification.
Successfully taught Review Course for Kaplan CPA Review and Becker Conviser Fox Gearity CPA Review for class sizes ranging from 5 to 40 students.
Teaching Rate varies $60 - $100/hr; depending upon student location in Brooklyn New York, Long Island New York, or New York City. Also, rate varies depending upon how many lessons (hours of teaching) will be needed.
Lawrence S. Isaac, CPA, CGMA, CITP, CBM, MBA
2 West End Avenue Apt 5C
Brooklyn, New York 11235
Teaching expertise in financial accounting, managerial accounting, computerized accounting, cost accounting, intermediate accounting, advanced accounting, and auditing.
Prepare students to successfully pass the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination.
Dual MBA and CPA qualification.
Certified Business Manager (CBM), Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), and Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP).
Berkeley College, Instructor, Department of Accounting & Finance January 2004-December 2016
Touro College, Instructor, Department of Business & Accounting September 2001-May 2007
Kaplan CPA Review, Instructor September 2004-August 2007
Becker Conviser Fox Gearity CPA Review, Instructor January 1997-December 1998
• Teach students in the following college courses:
Financial Accounting; Managerial Accounting, Computerized Accounting, Cost Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Auditing, and Corporate Finance.
• Instruct students to successfully pass all sections of the CPA examination.
• Develop course requirements for college accounting courses including examinations, projects (individual and group), and assignments.
• Inspire and motivate student learning by effectively combining lecture, discussion, projects, and assignments to convey/reinforce concepts.
• Utilize Microsoft Office applications to demonstrate the effective/efficient use of importing/exporting accounting information to/from Integrated General Ledger Accounting Systems.
• Proficient in the following Integrated General Ledger Accounting Systems:
Quickbooks, Peachtree, and Solomon
• Collaborate with department colleagues in the successful development and implementation of
academic course requirements.
• Review accounting journals and publications to ensure course material is current and appropriate.
LAWRENCE S. ISAAC, CPA
Consultant, Accounting, Audit and Tax Services New York, NY November 2000- Present
• Manage client accounting, cash management, reporting, forecasting, and budgeting functions on
an interim basis.
• Prepare and analyze individual, partnership, and corporate tax returns.
• Reconciled all income statement and balance sheet accounts for recently acquired subsidiary ($15M annual sales) of services company with $50M in annual sales
• Managed all accounting, financial, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting functions for major non-profit (net assets totaling $142M), which is the majority shareholder of a domestic bank.
• Developed and implemented best practices and process improvements during external audit for year ending December 31, 2001.
• Managed all accounting, financial, forecasting, budgeting, internal/external reporting functions for $30M high-technology services company.
LSG SKY CHEFS
Manager, Finance and Administration Jamaica, NY March 1999- October 2000
• Managed all accounting, financial, forecasting, budgeting and reporting functions for $15 million division of $2B airline food service provider serving international and domestic airlines.
• Managed collection of $125k and reconciliation of $175k of outstanding aged customer A/R >120 days.
• Negotiated vendor write-off of $20k in food costs and $10k in supplies and services expense.
• Worked with general/operations managers to implement payroll internal controls that reduced semiannual overtime expense and annual temp labor expense by $10k and $7.5k, respectively.
• Directed, managed, hired, and cross-trained an administrative staff of 4.
Senior Internal Auditor Boston, MA May 1997- December 1998
• Pioneered internal audit function for America’s largest records management company with $800 million in revenue (publicly held since1995).
• Trained district personnel on implementation of best business practices.
• Managed district staffs of 2 to 8 people during audits.
• Developed and implemented district financial/operational internal controls in areas of sales generation, customer retention, operations, and distribution after acquisition.
• Reviewed top 50 district customer contracts and prepared gross profit analysis.
• Identified $50,000 in understatements and $20,000 in overstatements of district customer billings.
Lawrence S. Isaac, CPA, CGMA, CITP, CBM, MBA Page 2
TWO/ TEN INTERNATIONAL FOOTWEAR FOUNDATION
Accounting Manager/Supervisor Watertown, MA February 1996- April 1997
• Supervised 3 in financial reporting, accounting, and budgeting functions for $5M trade organization.
• Developed and implemented credit and collection procedures that reduced A/R aging by 20%.
BJ’S WHOLESALE CLUB
Senior Home Office Auditor Natick, MA June 1994- January 1996
• Developed procedure for Sales Audit Department that expanded by 10%, $200,000 of annual rebate income from third party processor for major retail/wholesale company with 48 U.S. clubs.
• Played a pivotal role in the company initiating sale and redemption of state lottery tickets generating annual revenue of $750,000 by implementing club policies and procedures and recommending modifications to the Point of Sale System to ensure accurate revenue recognition.
• Trained Club 950 personnel on systemic and manual processing of merchandise returns to vendors.
• Identified need for and worked with Legal Department to create a formal contract for a leased facility that employed permanent and temporary employees.
• Performed key operational/compliance audits and implemented internal controls/process improvements promoting club operational efficiency.
FEELEY & DRISCOLL, CPA
Senior Audit Associate Boston, MA September 1993- May 1994
• Trained, mentored and evaluated teams of 1-6 in the management of audit, review and compilation engagements for a regional public accounting firm.
• Developed and implemented internal financial controls for multiple private companies ranging from $2M to $70M in annual revenues in the manufacturing, distribution, engineering, construction, and non-profit industries.
• Prepared and analyzed individual, partnership, and corporate tax returns for client engagements.
PRICEWATERHOUSE COOPERS, LLP (COOPERS & LYBRAND)
Audit Associate Boston, MA September 1991- March 1993
• Successfully led team of auditors for 7 months of a General Ledger Accounting System conversion project for Fidelity Investments.
• Performed domestic and international mutual fund audits and SEC reporting for The Boston Company, Scudder Stevens & Clark, and Fidelity Investments.
• Supervised and performed audits for Fortune 500, public and private companies in the financial services, real estate, and manufacturing industries.
Master of Business Administration, GPA: 3.7/4.0
Bentley College, Waltham, MA
Bachelor of Science, G.P.A. 3.5/4.0
Boston University School of Management
Access, ADP, AmiPro, BAT21, Blackboard, CARI, Ceridian, CODA, Epson Smart-Link, Excel, FRX Report Writer, Imprest, KRONOS, Lawson, Lotus, Lotus Notes, MAS 500, Oracle, Outlook, Paychex, Peachtree, Powerpoint, ProSystem FX, Q-Calc, Quickbooks, ROSS, Solomon, Turbo Tax, Word, WordPerfect.
Advisor, Council of Accounting Advisors
Advisor, Guidepoint Global Advisors
Member, Blue Chip Expert Society of Industry Leaders
Member, Cambridge Who’s Who
Member, KPMG Institute Network
Member, CPA Consultants Alliance
Member, ChangeWave Alliance Research Network
Course Reviewer and Instructor, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Course Reviewer, Ultimate CPE Inc.
Webinar Developer and Instructor, FOXMOOR Continuing Education
Webinar Developer and Instructor, MIS Training Institute
Member, New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
Member, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
Member, Association of Professionals in Business Management
Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Accounting
accounting lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, management lessons for all!
Taking finance lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$80||Not available|