I am a certified teacher who has 11 years of experience as an instructor at University of Phoenix Online. I work mainly with adult students but have had experience communicating with middle school and high school students. I have communicated mainly by online forum but have had experience with real time online education via Blackboard. I am most knowledgeable in biology and other sciences.
I have been teaching online for 11 years with University of Phoenix. Courses at University of Phoenix typically run for 5 weeks at a time. Class sizes are usually between 10 and 20 students and I sometimes teach two classes at a time, so I may have charge of up to 40 students at a time. Students who have taken my courses have obtained the necessary credits for medical school, biological science, and environmental science.
Career Objective: A certified teacher with an academic background in science, English writing, and computer based education seeks a career in classroom and/or online based secondary education in science.
Areas of Expertise:
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Blackboard (online education application)
• Wikispaces (Website design application).
• Writing, proofreading, and editing.
• Lesson plan design for secondary science students.
• Strong content knowledge background in biology, anatomy and physiology, chemistry, and earth science.
• Student teaching in high school physics (classroom) and biology (online)
• Limited fluency in written Spanish.
• Instructed online classes in the biological and environmental sciences for the University of Phoenix for 11 years for up to 20 adult students at a time. My responsibilities have included drafting discussion questions and exams as well as grading assignments, many of these being research papers that demand the use of my proofreading skills.
• Volunteered at the Denver Downtown Aquarium for 18 years, most of these years as a volunteer guide who interacts with the visitors and answers their questions.
• Managed and operated lawn and garden care business (sole proprietorship) for 19 years for up to 25 clients at a time, performing work weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
Accomplishments Related to My Career:
• Scored in the top 15th percentile nationally in the PRAXIS secondary science content exam.
• Have maintained a GPA of approximately 3.8 in my teacher’s certification courses.
• Have created an educational Website, sciencesmorgasbord.wikispaces.com, for secondary science students.
• Received my Colorado teacher’s certification in August 2013
• University of Phoenix- 2006 to present- Online Instructor in biological/environmental sciences.
• Self-employed- 1998 to present, Lawn and Garden Maintenance Business.
• Colorado Teacher Certification in Secondary Science (2013)- Metropolitan State University of Denver
• M.A., Biology (1998); B.S., Biology (1994)- University of Colorado at Denver.
• B.A. English Writing (1994)- University of Colorado at Denver.
• Additional courses in Basic Soil Science, Plant Ecology, Plant Physiology, and Comparative Plant Morphology at Colorado State University. Human Anatomy and Physiology at Red Rocks Community College.
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$15|