I hold a B.S. Chemical Engineering degree from the University of Washington, and have extensive industrial chemical manufacturing experience in the Pulp and Paper industry in USA and Brazil.
I also hold an A.A. degree in Environmental Horticulture from Bellevue Community College and have a strong background in plant growth and development optimizing nutrient levels and chemicals.
My experiences tutoring are from the past when I was providing 2 years of math tutoring at the Bellevue Community College. I also have been mentoring chemical engineers in the industrial pulp and paper, and chemical cellulose area for the past 15+ years. I have a solid mathematics background and have the desire to help others to understand concepts and critical thinking skills.
GREGORY P. HUTCHINGS
2107 E Beaver Lake Drive SE
Sammamish, WA 98075
Cellular: +1 (concealed information)
Extensive specialty chemical and wood pulp manufacturing, operational and technical leadership experience in 400 -1500 (ADMT/ day) mills, located in North and South America. Specialty chemical cellulose fiber, biopolymer, chemical cellulose derivatives and wood pulp fiber manufacturing, pulp mill operations, management, R&D new process and product development, including chemical cellulose market development and new green field pulp mill start-up. Background includes; manufacturing team management and supervision, process engineering design and optimization, technical sales & service, and marketing leadership experience. Special expertise in the following areas of forestry, specialty chemical, biopolymer, chemical cellulose, cellulose wood pulp fibers and cellulose and cellulose derivative fibers:
• Project & Operations Management, Team Development and Leadership
• Project R&D Team Leadership
• Specification Interpretation and Development
• Priority & Time Management Skills
• Process & Product Quality Improvement
• Customer Presentation & Sales
• 6 sigma & Continuous Improvement
Strong reputation as an effective leader, committed to developing solid business plans, operating planning, budget, and goal development with team input for achieving increased profitability and results as Technical Director, in the global forestry of chemical and specialty cellulose fiber value creation. Adapt well to changing business environments, driven to deliver the optimum results for the clients. Communicate proficiently in English and Portuguese. Proficient use of MS Office in Windows or IOS operating systems, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer software programs.
GEORGIA PACIFIC CONSUMER PRODUCTS LLC, Camas, WA 2015 - 2016
Fiber Operations Optimizer
Operations management for a $35 million USD, 800 ADMT/Day, manufacturing facility with Process Safety Management (PSM) regulated processes; (Bleach Plant and Chlorine Dioxide Generator). Effectively manage and coach team of employees, (12) to ensure that all perform their jobs safely, within environmental operating permits, while producing consistently uniform quality products, cost effectively, and delivered to our clients on time, all the time.
RGE / SATERI HOLDINGS LTD., Shanghai, China 2007 – 2013
Bahia Specialty Cellulose, (BSC), Camacari, Bahia, Brazil.
• Technical Director Acetate; expatriate posting to Brazil……………… (2009 – 2013)
• Consultant, Director …………………………….................................... (2007 – 2009)
Director Consultant and Technical Director Acetate, for BSC specialty chemical cellulose manufacturing business, ($750 million USD / year) in annual turnover. This includes; multiple manufacturing lines, a green field start-up of the world’s newest dissolving pulp mill ($1 Billion USD investment), making & selling the highest purity chemical cellulose in the world, from Eucalyptus. Responsible for global account management, new business, process & product development and launch, and product grade optimization for Chemical cellulose and other specialty grades to qualify commercial volumes in a diverse market space.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
WEYERHAEUSER COMPANY, Cosmopolis, WA
Manage technical service for $125 million USD / year specialty and chemical cellulose manufacturing business at multiple manufacturing facilities. Responsible for global cellulose technical account management, new business, new product & process development, combined with operational product grade mix optimization.
Customer Service Manager / Relief Shift Superintendent
Global responsibility for developing strong relationships with customers worldwide.
• Directed and managed new product development, research, optimization and deployment for high viscosity ethers chemical cellulose
• Developed first Japanese commercial customer by displacing a PHK softwood competitor with Sulphite Softwood chemical cellulose for pharmaceutical applications, generating over $2 million per year
• Developed new business for sale of high alpha, chemical cellulose wood pulp to the global cellulose ethers market for the Cosmopolis Mill, growing revenues from $400,000 to $10 million per year within 5 years (1998 – 2002)
• Served as primary contact for all customer inquiries, to interpret, understand, evaluate, resolve and communicate with customers directly on manufacturing issues related to making the product and technical or manufacturing issues related to using the product.
• Teamed with R&D, General Sales Manager of Specialties, and 15 Zone Sales Managers around the world to manage mill-customer relationships and Quality Partnership for marketing $125 million annually of specialty and chemical cellulose fibers.
• Directed customer visits to Weyerhaeuser facilities, (R&D, CH and Pulp Mills) and technical exchanges at the customers’ facilities throughout the world.
• Travel 50 - 75 % time; North America, Asia & Europe.
Relief Shift Superintendent / Project Chemical Engineer Managed mill resources effectively to ensure all employees performed their jobs safely, within environmental operating permits, while producing a quality product, cost effectively.
Quality Process Engineer
Project Chemical Engineer
PROTAN LABORATORIES INC., Redmond, WA
B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Washington
A.A. Environmental Horticulture, Bellevue Community College
CERTIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
EIT Certification from the State of Washington
Recipient of a TAPPI Shibley Award
University of Washington Alumni Member
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking chemical engineering lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$40||$70||Not available|