Masters in Science in Chemical Engineering
Bachelors in Science in Chemical Engineering
Bachelors in Science in Chemistry
Classes in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Food Science, and Biology. I like to teach and help students in math and science. I have tutored one on one or a class.
Worked as chemical engineer for 14 yrs. Teaching assistant for chemical engineer classes. Tutored students in chemistry and math. Recently taught middle school kids how to make ice cream and the math, science, and engineering behind making ice cream.
ANUPA PATEL, M.S.
86 Linda Ave Apt 210 Oakland, CA 94611 Available to Relocate
♦ C: (concealed information) ♦ (concealed information)
Sr. PROCESS ENGINEER /NEW PRODUCT MANAGER
Combines innovative and analytical thinking with solid engineering education and experience. Solves problems and finds solutions that reduce costs. Develops products and processes for new products, including scaling-up to the manufacturing plant and copackers.
History of finding technical solutions, and then successfully persuading and proving to senior managers that results will work. Focuses on developing products that consumers will want, and which will provide profitable business for the company.
Develops products & processes for new products which comply with FDA and GMP regulations.
Designs & conducts experiments which solve problems in developing new products.
Analyzes the data to provide conclusions and recommendations.
Uses knowledge of chemical engineering and chemistry to troubleshoot & solve problems.
Prepares capital expenses for new processes for the plants including selection of equipment.
Documents results by writing technical reports, standard operating procedures, and
Makes decisions under pressure with limited resources and time during start-ups and
pilot plant runs.
Scales-up processes to the plant for successful product launches to market. Including working with copackers and plants.
Has knowledge of biochemistry, biophysical chemistry, microbiology, biology, and polymer sciences.
SELECTED CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Drove and managed a new technology to make chemicals for CIP (Clean In Place) which reduced clean time, water and waste water for the food plants which drove a $200K cost savings. (Clorox)
Proposed an idea to save 3.5 million gallons of water per year at all Clorox Cleaning Plants at the packaging filler (Clorox)
Developed a process that reduces the particle size of the soybean oil emulsion enabling us to use less oil, which has the potential to drive a major cost savings ($1 - 3 M) for Hidden Valley Ranch food business. (Clorox)
Formulated and developed processes for two medicated (OTC) cleaners for Olay and Noxzema. (Proctor & Gamble)
Product & Process development work led to a design patent for a Natural Balance Dental Bone Treat. (Big Heart Pet)
Continued Page 2
ANUPA PATEL, M.S. ♦ Page 2
YOUNGER OPTICS, TORRANCE, CA Sept 2015 – Sept 2016
Manufacturer of Optical lenses
New Products Manager
Lead product and process development for nanoemulsions for optical lenses which includes developing emulsions (formulations) and processes to scale-up for commercial product. Worked with PVA films, polyurethane, polycarbonate.
Additional responsibilities include managing technicians and project management.
HARMLESS HARVEST, San Francisco, CA JUNE 2015 – August 2015
Manufacturer of Coconut Water
Process Development Engineer
Lead process development for coconut yogurt. Responsibilities include developing processes for coconut yogurt including, equipment selection for new processes, designing process for copacker including installation at copacker, and validation of new processes for food safety in a fast time-line.
IMPOSSIBLE FOODS Redwood City, CA DEC 2014 – May 2015
Startup for Vegan Meat Alternative Products
Senior Process Development Engineer
Lead process development for all downstream processes for vegan hamburger. Responsibilities include developing processes for vegan hamburger including, equipment selection for new processes, designing process for plant including installation at pilot plant and plant, and validation of new processes for food safety in a fast time-line.
Mentored scientists in technical areas and project management to deliver results for downstream processes.
BIG HEART PET, San Francisco, CA MAY 2014 – DEC 2014
Manufacturer of consumer products for pets (dogs and cats)
Senior Process Engineer II – May 2014 – December 2014
Lead process development for pet Foods. Responsibilities include developing processes for new products at copackers, validation of new processes for food safety, equipment selection for new processes, and working closely with Marketing, Quality, Product Development, and copackers to deliver products to market in a fast time-line.
Product & Process development work led to a design patent for a Natural Balance Dental Bone Treat.
CLOROX, Pleasanton, CA 2007 – 2014
Manufacturer of consumer products.
Senior Process Engineer for Foods & Charcoal – November 2012 – May 2014
Category Lead for Foods and Charcoal - Product Supply Technical Resource for formulation/processing for Charcoal and Foods Division. Provide technical and project management for projects. Responsibilities include supply chain change in areas of cost, supply, and quality by utilizing technical experience in processing, formulation, copack, and operational readiness. Provided technical ownership for tech transferred products in market and driving cost savings for the foods and charcoal business.
Lead transfer of Burt’s Bees beauty care products to new copacker which included improving existing formulas and processes.
Managed and mentored engineers in technical areas and project management.
Food Process Development Engineer – August 2009 – November 2012
• Developed processes for dressings, barbecue sauces, dry mixes, and dips for Hidden Valley Ranch and KCM Masterpiece utilizing emulsification processes scaling up from the pilot plant to the plant.
• Proposed a business case to the foods business that has potential to drive a major cost savings (~$1 -3 M) by improving the particle size of the soybean oil emulsion, which has applications to other emulsion systems in other businesses.
• Optimized the CIP (Clean In Place) in the pilot plant by cleaning several pieces of equipment at a time, which led to a 20% reduction in time and chemical usage.
• Established a swabbing protocol in the pilot plant to determine the robustness of the CIP cleaning cycle by introducing the ATP meter which provides immediate results versus traditional swabbing which provide results in a couple of days.
• Worked on dry Hidden Valley products including developing processes and troubleshooting filling issues for dry and liquid products.
• Worked with HAACP, Bioterrorism, and GMP for food products.
• Worked with engineering, multiple plants, quality assurance, production services, and formulators to launch new products.
Cleaning Process Development Engineer – August 2007 – August 2009
• Developed processes for cleaning and laundry products with surfactants utilizing high shear mixers and continuous and batch processes.
• Developed processes for emulsions containing silicone for auto products.
• Worked on liquid fillers for cleaning products including troubling shooting filling problems with various products.
• Worked in developing a fragrance encapsulation via spray drying processes for cat litter business.
• Worked with engineering, multiple plants, copackers, quality assurance, production services, and formulators to launch new products.
DREYER’S GRAND ICE CREAM, Bakersfield, CA 2005 – 2007
Manufacturer and distributor of ice cream products.
New Product Development Engineer/Process Development Engineer
• Performed process development of bite-sized ice cream snacks covering extrusion parameters, mixing technology, and chocolate processing.
• Conducted process development of yogurt culture, requiring understanding of process conditions required to make culture (pH, time, and rate of growth), equipment, and
sanitary conditions to prevent loss of culture.
• Performed process development for Haagen Daaz Strawberry ice cream. Introduced equipment that improved current process and saved company $1 million annually in transportation from California to Maryland.
• Improved incorporation of powders by recommending Silverson-in line mixers. Established parameters required for mixing without degradation of stabilizers in formulations.
• Initiated and managed process development of new ice cream products, including equipment selection, capital estimates, and plant scale-ups.
• Worked with marketing, quality assurance, multiple plants, and formulators to launch
PROCTOR & GAMBLE, Cincinnati, OH 2002 – 2005
Manufacturer of Olay and Noxzema facial cleaners.
Product Development Engineer
• Formulated new technologies on substrate cleansers for Olay Daily Facials. These
included encapsulating heating, cooling, and effervescence ingredients on Olay Daily
Facials cloths. Determined levels of sensates to deliver optimal sensation on the face.
• Created color dye system for medicated cleansers & toners that used drug-approved dyes (FDA requirement), were light stable in UV protected bottles, & met color requirements.
• Formulated medicated cleansers and creams for Olay and Noxzema. This included incorporating salicylic acid into moderate and low pH formulations (considered a cosmetic drug).
• Initiated and managed process development work for facial cleansers including scale-up to plant. Launched medicated cleansers for Olay and Noxzema which are still in the market.
• Process development included understanding of process transformations occurring in heating, cooling, and mixing for surfactants and alcohol containing formulations.
• Worked with quality assurance, regulatory affairs, packaging, and analytical groups.
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY, Tallahassee, FL 2001
Teaching Assistant – Unit Operations Laboratory
• Assisted students in laboratory experiments and understanding of Unit Operations
and Kinetics concepts. Graded lab reports and Kinetics homework assignments.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Engineering Research Center, Gainesville, FL 1999
Engineering Research Assistant
• Characterized and determined release rate for asthma drug delivered as an inhaler.
• Used dissolution, HPLC, FTIR and SEM techniques to characterize and determine release rate for asthma drug delivered as an inhaler.
EDUCATION ♦ PROFESSIONAL TRAINING ♦ TECHNICAL
Short Course in Applied Surfactant Science & Technology 2002,
Ice Cream Engineering Workshop PTC Beauvais- June 2006
American Management Association (AMA), Emotional Intelligence Course, 2007
Suspensions and Emulsions Course February 2009
How to Deliver Fresh Food Quality via Advanced Processing Technologies Course October 2011
Essentials of Communicating with Diplomacy and Professionalism February 2012
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL ♦ Master of Science, Chemical Engineering, 2002
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL ♦ Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering and
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$200||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$400||Not available|