Given my background in chemistry, I know the common problems students usually face while understanding a particular topic. Depending on the problem in hand, sometimes I teach using power-point presentation or sometimes I prefer to write it down on a piece of paper with figures and analogies that convey the message clearly and concisely.
I finished my PhD in chemistry from University of Southern California and currently a postdoctoral research scholar at Emory University. I have 6.5 years of experience teaching chemistry to undergraduate and masters' students; and know what it needs to achieve good grades.
Postdoctoral Research Scholar in Chemistry: Emory University, USA. September 2019-present
Ph.D. in Chemistry: University of Southern California, USA. August 2013-August 2019
Master of Science in Chemistry: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. July 2011- July 2013
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: University of Calcutta. May 2008- May 2011
1. Taught and conducted undergraduate laboratory sessions for advanced general chemistry courses. Delivered lectures and led problem solving sessions with undergraduate students for basic and advanced level introductory chemistry courses.
2. Recipient of Burg Foundation Graduate Student Teaching Fellowship in chemistry. I have taught a lecture course in physical chemistry, Thermodynamics and kinetics (CHEM 430A) in FALL 2017 under the supervision of a faculty mentor, Prof Jahan Dawlaty.
1. Ranked 8th in All India IIT Entrance Examination, 2011
2. Ranked 43th in All India GATE examination, 2013
3. Ranked 74th in All India NET examination, 2013
Awards and Honors:
1. Recipient of ACS OMEGA Best Oral Presentation Award at FICS 2018 conference at IIT Guwahati.
2. Recipient of Mikhail Vinaykin Award for the travel grant to attend the Gordon Conference of Vibrational Spectroscopy,2018.
3. Recipient of 2017 Graduate Research Award for presenting the best poster in physical chemistry during Stauffer Graduate Student Research Poster Extravaganza.
4. Recipient of Department of Chemistry Pre-Doctoral Scholarship Award, 2016.
5. Recipient of Norma and Jerol Sonosky Summer Environmental Sustainability and Alternative Energy Fellowship in the year 2015.
6. Selected as Indian Academy of Sciences Summer Research Fellow in 2012
7. Selected as Innovation in Science Pursuit of Inspired Research (INSPIRE) fellow from 2008 to 2013.
8. Recipient of National Merit Scholarship from West Bengal Board of Higher Secondary Education,2008
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||$100||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||$200||Not available||$200|