I first will have to understand the student better, to know what he wants, what he likes and dislikes, and try to make my teaching full of fun, but at the same time to make sure the student can truly learn something from me.
I had both a Master degree from the University of Texas at Austin and a Bachelor degree from Michigan State University in Economics. I've been tutoring undergrad students in econ major in both econ courses and math courses, e.g. Calculus.
7117 Wood Hollow Drive • Austin, TX 78731 • (concealed information)
Linkedin: (concealed information)
The University of Texas at Austin Master of Arts, Econometrics and Quantitative Economics December 2018
GPA: 3.50 (STEM – Eligible for OPT Extension)
Michigan State University Bachelor of Arts, Economics
Dean’s List Fall 2015 – Spring 2017
The University of Texas at Austin - Economics Tutor; Austin, Texas July 2017 - December 2018
Allpku Management Consulting Group - Consulting Analyst; Beijing, China June - August 2018
First management consulting firm established in China whose goal is to meet the challenge and help enterprises to climb new heights.
• Participated in the case of Person-Post Matching for State Grid Zhongxing Co., Ltd in order to improve its HR allocation performance
• Assembled matching data for 18 subsidiary companies using vlookup etc. and calculated matching degrees for each job sequence
• Analyzed professional skills, training needs, strength and weakness of each sub-company, obtaining 20% of performance improvements
SKILLS AND RELATED COURSES
Software and Programming Languages: R, SQL, Tableau, Stata, MS Excel (vlookup, pivot table etc.), Python, Access, Word, PowerPoint, C
Machine Learning: Supervised (Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, SVM, Neural Network, Linear, Lasso, Ridge, etc.)
Statistical Methods: Regression models, hypothesis testing and confidence intervals, Panel Data Method, Bootstrap Method
Related Courses: Data Mining, Industrial Organization, Financial Accounting, Econometrics, Auction, International Trade etc.
Data Mining and Statistical Learning Kaggle Project Spring 2018
TalkingData AdTracking Fraud Detection:
- Worked on a data set of 200 million clicks with a huge volume of fraudulent/bot traffic to flag IP addresses which produced lots of
clicks with zero conversion (app installation) rate
- Developed a Random Forest algorithm to predict actual downloads of a mobile app conditional on ad clicks
- Achieved 87% accuracy on test data
Give Me Some Credit:
- Participated in the Give Me Some Credit Challenge using 250,000 historical data with RF, GBM etc. with R
- Predicted the probability somebody experience financial distress in the next two years, help borrowers make the best financial decision
- Optimized the predicting power of the model by tuning the parameters and improved AUC by 10% on the test set
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE AND ACTIVITIES
MSU Tzu-Ching – Volunteer; East Lansing, Michigan Fall 2013 – Spring 2017
• Charity works, visited sick kids and cooked for their parents in Sparrow Hospital and visited old people in McDonald House
• Gathered money from organizing activities like selling plastic bottles, utilized money as team budget and donated for charities
• Encouraged people to join by giving presentations on campus and advocated for environment protection
29th Olympics – Volunteer; Beijing, China Summer 2008
• Welcomed visitors and referred them to specific resources, gave directions, and translated for them
• Volunteered for 30 hours
chinese lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - chinese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - chinese lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$20|