My teaching method is to be as patient and flexible as possible. Many children need tutors because the academic work is very difficult for them, which can be very frustrating. Due to this it is incredibly important to build a relationship with the student while simultaneously being able to switch strategies to what the student is responding to. Any student can learn as long as we are willing to teach the way that they learn.
I am a recent college graduate who has a passion for psychology and education. I graduated magma cum laude with my bachelor's degree in psychology. I continued to attend graduate school to become a certified educator with dual certifications in elementary (grades k-6) and special education. I have student teaching and long-term substitute teaching experience with general education classrooms, inclusion classrooms, and self-contained classrooms. While doing this, I have supported students who are below grade level, have ADHD, behavioral disorders, learning disabilities, and students on the autism spectrum. Additionally, I have after-school tutoring experience with at-risk first and second grade students and have co-lead an afterschool research club for middle school students.
If you need to cancel a lesson, please do so with at least a four hour warning before the scheduled lesson.
- Psychology bachelors degree
- Education masters degree (including elementary and special education certifications)
- After school tutoring for first and second-grade students.
- Co-led a YPAR club where middle school students researched a way to help their community and proposed solutions to the problem to a panel.
- Student teaching experience in a multiple disabilities classroom and a 3rd grade general education classroom
- Long-term substitute position teaching 5th-grade math and science. I was working with up to 25 students at a time in an inclusion classroom, including approximately 5-8 students with special needs at a time.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|