I am currently a sophomore at Boise State University studying Human Biology. I have a 3.8 GPA and currently remain on the Dean's list. I am willing to give lessons to anyone in elementary school, middle school, high school, and first year college students. As a tutor, I will be very patient and understanding with my students. Each tutoring session will consist of a similar structure: a review of the previous subjects learnt, an introduction of a new subject through followed examples and scenarios, and a quick practice test to end the session.
I am just starting my journey through tutoring, previously to signing up for Superprof, I would offer free help to other college students and my younger sibling. Due to the positive feedback I have received from them I thought it would be exciting to give professional tutoring a shot! Overall I have taught about 5 students and cannot wait to help out others who need help with their studies. All of the students I have helped appreciated the patience I had with them and came back with higher grades on tests and quizzes.
July 2013 – June 2014
Daycare assistant and Custodian, Saints Gym, Wales, UK
● Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
● Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children.
● Clean facilities and equipment
● Other clerical functions including managing the front desk.
November 2014 - July 2015
Wait staff at Brookdale Living
● Established positive relationships with customers.
● Developed fine dining and communication skills.
August 2015 – October 2015
Cashier at Giant
• Developed communication skills
• Gained knowledge about the food business
September 2016 – February 2017
Cashier at Chipotle Mexican Grill
• Developed skills in cash handling
• Providing a clean environment for customers
• Understanding the standards set forth for employees
February 2017 – Present
Front Desk Agent at Hampton Inn & Suites
• Provide excellent customer service
• Utilizing advanced computing skills
• Organizing events and room reservations for guests
Red Cross Volunteer at Fort Jackson, SC
• Helped organize and participate in events
• Utilized computer skills for Microsoft Office
November 2016 – February 2016
Manager’s Assistant at South Run Recreational Center
• Developed a daycare for younger children
• Established relationships with members
• Developed computer and organizational skills
Current student at Boise State University
Major: Biology with emphasis in Human Biology
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), fluent in English, Welsh, and took two years of French in High School, Intramural Soccer player at Boise State University
Madison is an excellent choice for a tutor as she is thoughtful, reflective, and committed to life-long learning and continued development. She is well-organized, focused and driven in her own studies and has a passion for helping others. She is patient, kind and naturally gifted with the ability to help others learn. She offers experience in many subjects as well as problem solving skills and critical thinking. Madison is absolutely qualified and will make an excellent tutor.
Madi is awesome! She was very patient and took the team to teach me the material. I knew nothing about biology prior to taking it at Boise. I would not have passed the class without her.
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||Not available|