My teaching approach as it applies to language teaching focuses on supporting, encouraging, and challenging students to take risks in the language, use and develop their vocabulary acquisition, and demonstrate a level of proficiency that will allow them to be communicative in the language. I focus on students being able to hold conversations in Spanish about a range of topics. In addition, I focus on both receptive and expressive language skills, ensuring that students can both understand and produce the language. I can also assist students in preparing for specific language exams, as they apply to individual students and the classes they are enrolled in at school.
My lessons are geared toward all types of learners. Students who struggle with language and need support in order to succeed in their outside language class are welcome, as well as students who are simply eager to practice and improve their Spanish language skills.
I am a Middle School Spanish teacher in a suburb of Boston, MA. I am certified to teach Spanish to PreK-12th grade students. I have been working with children for many years and love helping students explore, grow, and develop new skills.
24 hour notice required for cancellation in order to avoid a cancellation fee of 100% of the cost of the session.
Northeastern University Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science in Psychology Class of 2018
Relevant coursework: Education in the Community, Learning and Accomplished Practice, Learning Principles and Behavior
Brookline Public Schools Brookline, MA
K-8 Spanish teacher September 2018-Present
● Designs and executes lesson plans, using proficiency model, for 270 students across first through fifth grade
● Provides comprehensible input in target language to all learners
● Differentiates instruction for native speakers of Spanish and beginners within the same classroom
● Works cooperatively with other teachers in developing and sharing curriculum strategies
● Maintains positive learning environment through effective classroom management plan
Brookline Public Schools Brookline, MA
Substitute Teacher September 2017-June 2018
● Applied appropriate teaching strategies in the classroom with diverse skill levels
● Followed and taught lesson plans assigned by permanent teacher for students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade
● Instructed students according to the school’s policies, goals, and objectives
Bethel Institute for Social Justice-Math and Science Scholars Program Jamaica Plain, MA
Program Instructor June 2017-August 2017
● Implemented 5th grade Common Core math curriculum with a class of 12 students
● Utilized variety of teaching techniques to promote critical thinking
● Monitored students’ progress through interactive assessments of learning
● Co-taught science and technology lessons for children entering 4th and 5th grade
John D. Runkle School Brookline, MA
Instructional Aide Sept. 2015-Dec. 2015, Jan. 2017-June 2017
● Supported head teacher and school staff with K-8th grade students
● Provided one-on-one support for behavioral and academic needs of students in grades 1 and 2
● Acted as a substitute teacher by providing classroom coverage for kindergarten through 8th grade classrooms
● Acted as an administrative assistant in the main office by filing student records, greeting parents, and directing questions to
the appropriate staff member
● Supervised recess and lunch periods to ensure the safety of students
AmeriCorps Boston, MA
Jumpstart Corps member September 2013-March 2014
● Implemented early childhood curriculum, supported family involvement, and promoted children’s learning and literacy skills
through ongoing relationships with 2 partner children
● Collaborated with a team of 8 Corps members to plan twice weekly in-classroom activities for a class of 15 preschool children
● Received intensive training and professional development in early childhood education theory and practice, language and
literacy skills, and communication with families
The Home for Little Wanderers-Children’s Community Collaborative Brighton, MA
Peer Mentor November 2017-February 2018
● Assisted in the treatment and recovery of youth with extensive trauma history and emotional/behavioral needs
● Collaborated with clinicians, therapeutic mentors, and case workers in treatment plan meetings for youth
● Implemented strategies of Trauma Informed Care and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training to support clients
● Provided in-person mentoring services to clients in group home setting
Licenses: PreK-12 Foreign Language (Spanish)
Certifications: CPR/AED and First Aid for adults, children, and infants; Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
Language: Advanced Spanish
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$75||$75|
|5 hours||Not available||$300||$375|
|10 hours||Not available||$575||$750|