We accept students of all ages and levels. The lessons take place at my studio in Colorado Springs, or if you are not local then I do provide lessons on Skype as well.
We do group lessons for younger children (3-5 years old) to learn the basics of music. We also offer group lessons for grade school age children as well.
I tailor each lesson to the specific student (except for group lessons) and the instrument/skills they are learning. For example, for piano I use a combination of Suzuki, Bela Bertok's Mykrocosmos and Farber Adventures in Piano.
I have been teaching in one capacity or another for over 20 years. I'm a freelance composer and performer. My primary instrument is piano, and I sing and play guitar as well. I have a separate ad for that, but you can contact me on this ad as well. I offer lessons for guitar, music theory, reading music, and voice also. Students that have intermediate proficiency in at least one instrument can also take composition lessons.
I have a You Tube channel that provides very basic theory lessons, for students who do not have any prior experience reading music.
We do offer discounts for multiple students from one family, multiple instruments for one student and a military discount.
BACHELORS OF VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS | DECEMBER 2018 | UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO, COLORADO SPRINGS
· Major: Music Composition and Sound Design
· Related coursework: Sonic Landscapes, Composition and Film Scoring, Sound Art, Computer and Music, Music Theory, Ear Training/Sight Singing, Electro-Acoustic Ensemble, Creative Music Ensemble
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | MAY 1989 | ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY
· Major: Psychology, Pre-Med
· Related coursework: Abnormal Psychology, Counseling, Statistics, Child and Adolescent Psychology
BACHELOR OF ARTS | MAY 1987 | ILLINOIS WESLEYAN
· Major: English
· Related coursework: Creative Writing, Existentialism, Medieval Literature
· National Society of Leadership and Success, 2016
· Honors Ensemble, Composer Spring 2016
· Master Class on Composition, Phillip Blackburn, American Composer’s Forum and Innova Records, April 2015
Skills & Abilities
· Concerts and Performances
· Senior Recital November 2018
· Honors Ensemble, April 2016
· Junior Recital April 2016
· Creative Ensemble, April 2016 and May 2015
· University Choir May 2016 and December 2015
· Electro Acoustic Ensemble December 2016 and December 2015
· First Annual Arts Festival, UCCS April 2015
· VAPA Vocal Ensemble May 2015
· Film and Television Scores
· The Bluffs, UCCS television show, Spring 2016 & 2017
· The Storyteller, Short Film by Joseph Irvin, May 2015
· Radio and Party DJ, 1987-present
· Katnix Ars Musica, owner/instructor 2018 - present
· Peak Children’s Academy, After School Music Basics for K-5, Fall 2015-present
· Teaching Assistant Sonic Landscapes, UCCS, June 2016
· Claims Investigation trainer, State Farm Insurance, 2005-2007
· Activities/Education Coordinator for Youth Services Group Home, 1989 – 1991.
· Fluent in both Mac OS and Windows operating systems
· Microsoft Office programs
· Pro Tools
· Max Live
· Board member for National Society of Leadership and Success 2016
· Board President for Christmas in April, Bakersfield, CA Chapter, 2001-2002
CLAIM INVESTIGATOR | STATE FARM | AUGUST 1993 – FEBRUARY 2014
· Investigating the merits of Homeowners, Automobile and Workers’ Compensation claims, applying applicable state and federal laws as well as policy language. During this time I was also responsible for training new hires. Customer Service and Communication are the two strongest skills sets I developed during this portion of my career.
OFFICE MANAGER/ASSISTANT | B AND G RENTALS | MAY 1983 –AUGUST 1993
· Initially I helped out in the office of this residential and student property rental company, accepting rent payments, doing data entry, small repairs and annual painting of student apartments. Eventually I took over the day-to-day operations of the office, which included interviewing prospective tenants, signing leases, arranging larger repairs and accounting.
ACVITITIES COORDINTATOR/EDUCATION SPECIALIST | YOUTH SERVICES OF CENTRAL ILLINOIS | MARCH 1989 –MAY 1991
· Primarily provided counseling to sexually and physically abused teens. My title reflected that my additional tasks included coordinating social activities that supported their individual educational goals, in addition to improving their social skills, coping skills, etc.
· Katnix Ars Musica, (concealed information)
· Katnix Ars Musica, Instagram
· Katnix Music, YouTube
· Katherine Kendrick., Linked In (concealed information)
music reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking music early learning activities - for children lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$20|