I like to utilize experiential learning. Let's use technology to enable us to do better in our jobs and increase our value. In Microsoft Office, how to utilize tools. In Project Management, how can we ensure project success.
A 20+ year Technology professional skilled in Microsoft Office and Project Management. MBA, and 12 years as local university adjunct professor. Enjoy teaching and relating experiences to students to better enable them to take advantage of technology.
INFORMATION, APPLICATION, & TECHNOLOGY LEADER
I believe that as a thoughtful, focused, and passionate leader, I can make a positive impact on people’s lives, while empowering and inspiring them to strive for excellence, to surpass their limits, and achieve their goals.
With more than twenty years of professional and technical leadership experience, I am driven by the personal rewards of servant leadership; of supporting and guiding my coworkers to become more than they ever dreamed, and in so doing, to make significant impacts on the organizations within which we work. I choose to work for organizations that genuinely care about people and those that passionately understand that the way we work together is of paramount importance to our mutual success.
Information Systems Design
Leadership – Team, BRM
Systems Architecture & Design
Supply Chain Management
Mobile Device Support
Systems & Networking Mgt
Systems & Project Management
• Directed implementation of successful $4M SAP EWM in Armstrong’s Beverly, WV hardwood floor manufacturing plant.
• Directed implementation of successful MES initiation in Vicksburg, Mississippi engineered wood manufacturing plant to support $3M production cost savings.
• Re-engineered application and technology landscape, resulting in 25% operational budget savings
• Implemented S&OP demand planning software for Armstrong Flooring Products division to better demand forecasts.
• Orchestrated Stage-Gate II plan for global MES replacement/standardization.
• Led lifecycle replacement project for customer call centers that affected 1,000 assets and 1,500 employees on time and with 28% project savings.
Team Management & Engagement
• Led teams of SAP architects, analysts, and developers.
• Managed multidisciplinary team of IT professionals.
• Facilitated multicultural, disparate teams into cohesive, global teams.
• Encouraged career goals and enhancements with subordinates.
• Performed annual reviews.
Business Relationship Management
• Served as executive IT resource and delivery manager, liaising between senior management and IT.
Assistant Vice President -IT, Applications and Business Consulting
Responsible for developing, managing, and executing the Segment IT business’ applications strategy, build segment applications competency groups for core business systems; establish, develop, and deploy efficient and effective applications support and business analyst skills that enable long-term, value driven business systems use. Manage Application Budget and Lead the Applications team. The span of this role is the Americas and covers legacy and strategic applications & tools including ERP, CRM, Configuration, Reporting, Communication & Collaboration, Enterprise Content Management, Websites, Portals, E-Commerce, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering, New Product Development, Interfacing & EDI.
• Lead Manager for Segment-wide SAP implementation.
• Re-branded and created a synergistic AMER Segment Applications and Business Consulting team.
• Remediated projects and processes to facilitate a more robust demand management environment.
• Led software development team for segment legal entity amalgamation.
• Chartered IT-Business Operations Team to facilitate and prioritize IT requests, changes, and projects.
Senior Manager, Manufacturing Solutions
Identified, analyzed, cultivated, and communicated business process needs and potential IT solutions across all business units. Served as relationship manager, cultivating potential IT solutions to aligned business priorities. Led IT solutions and project delivery processes, and worked as direct manager for team of IT professionals.
• Served as executive IT sponsor/resource manager for global WMS replacement, SAP EWM.
• Created schema for MES reengineering for Flooring Products division.
• Implemented SAP SCM across EMEA for Building Products division.
• Carried out SCM executive portfolio governance, including global MES, SAP, S&OP, and WMS (SAP EWM).
IT Manager, Global Manufacturing Applications
Oversaw global functions and carried out staff leadership for successful and high-level solutions, development, sourcing, and implementation. Managed all aspects of performance, skill, and competency development for 16 employees.
• Created roadmap for IT MES/supply chain systems.
• Created Stage II implementation plan for global manufacturing application standardization.
• Implemented strategy for global team enhancement and support.
• Led systems realization for data center consolidation.
Client Services and Security Operations
Served as regional ITS manager responsible for delivery of day-to-day support, determining user needs and incorporating into design/overall plan for desktop support and project management. Ensured overall satisfaction of ITS client services performance. Facilitated enterprise reorganization of client services regarding resource management.
• Oversaw lifecycle replacement project for regional customer call centers that affected 1,000 assets and 1,500 employees.
• Achieved 28% savings on $1,500,000 project.
Manager, Management Information Systems
Recruited to direct, manage, and streamline IT department. Created vision and plan to reengineer infrastructure and manage software development. Worked closely with business unit Vice Presidents to align technology deliverables with current business needs. Provided technology direction on strategic business initiatives.
• Redesigned distribution center and warehouse, both physical and programmatic
• Upgraded functional, structural, and technological processes to improve efficiencies, reduce data inaccuracies, and streamline operations.
• Reduced data error ratio by more than 90%.
• Led initiative to reengineer infrastructure.
• Introduced technological advancements, including VPN, instant messaging, unified communications, disaster recovery, and MPLS (domestically and in China).
Manager, Management Information Systems
Oversaw 24/7 infrastructure, budgeting and planning, application maintenance, and project execution. Implemented solutions across multiple platforms, generating improved efficiencies, higher productivity, and bottom-line savings. Led technical implementation team to install WMS in multi-level warehouse mezzanine, producing IRR in excess of 18%.
• Implemented barcode system for ingredient, packaging, and finished goods inventory.
• Served as strategic partner in corporate SAP order-to-cash project.
• Developed production reporting system focusing on operational efficiencies, PPY, and labor management.
• Created external cost accounting system to support North American and European plant accounting.
Rapidly promoted through Systems Analyst and New Plant Start-Up Team Member to MIS Manager of Downingtown Plant. Spearheaded all aspects of system administration, network optimization, resource allocation, and project coordination. Liaised and cultivated relations with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, and Finance.
Adjunct Professor 2008–present
ELIZABETHTOWN COLLEGE Elizabethtown, PA
HARRISBURG AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE Lancaster, PA
Facilitated undergraduate 100-, 200-, and 300-level technology classes, Systems Analysis, Project Management
ALVERNIA COLLEGE Reading, PA
B.A., Information Systems in Business
IMMACULATA UNIVERSITY Immaculata, PA
ITIL V3 Foundation Certification, Global Knowledge
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest information technology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft excel lessons for all!
Taking microsoft word lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$135||$25|