I believe that music can convey passion and feeling in a way no other art for can. I approach every piece with the intent of touching a soul and I teach my students to view music in the same way. I cover technical and theoretical aspects of music as well in the hope of helping students gain a better understanding of the structure and formation of songs across all genres. I cover classical, romantic, impressionist, jazz, and contemporary techniques and allow my students to follow the musical path that speaks most to them. I hope to help my students understand that the boundaries of music are capable of being stretched and bring a passion to the art form that I believe can be incredibly contagious.
I am a professional musician with 14 years of experience with music theory and composition. I have performed across my home state of Utah as a concert pianist as well as lead singer and guitarist of emo rock band Vertical Minds. I have written two studio albums and am currently working on my first symphony. I have played with congregations, solo artists, and aspiring musicians professionally for four years now.
Additional costs may be added for books and musical equipment needed. I have a library of books that I teach well with. These vary in accordance to the musical ability of the student. Typically I purchase the books and sell them to the people that I teach, but if the cost of books is too much for your family to handle, just let me know and we can work something out. There are often cheaper alternatives to the books I use, and though they may not be as effective, I'm certain that I can modify my teaching to fit your needs.
- Formed Vertical Minds as lead singer and guitarist (September 2015)
- Completed my first unpublished book of contemporary piano pieces (December 2015)
- Completed first studio album Under The Blacklight with Vertical Minds (August 2016)
- First public release with Vertical Minds, Single, Broken Mirror (April 2018)
- Graduated from the Shane Bowles Music Studio (April 2018)
- Graduated with an Associates in University Studies from Utah Valley University (September 2018)
- Began a major in Molecular Biology at Brigham Young University (September 2018)
- Began a minor in French at Brigham Young University (September 2018)
- Commenced second studio album, In Dreams, with Vertical Minds (January 2019)
I have been supervising Colin for the past six months. In that time, I have come to know Colin’s hardworking attitude. He makes goals, crafts plans to complete them, and then, he works so hard that he exceeds all expectations! He is so passionate about music and the piano that you cannot help but feel excited as well. He regularly writes music and collaborates with others to produce it. I would not miss an opportunity to have Colin bless your life with his contagious, creative energy.
music reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest singing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, piano lessons for all!
Taking musical keyboard lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||$38||Not available|
|5 hours||$135||$175||Not available|
|10 hours||$250||$330||Not available|