I teach mainly high school students or college students who struggle with the concept of math. My experience is in students that have never really been able to grasp numbers, and I cater specifically to how individual students learn and respond.
I am a rising junior currently in university studying economics. I have experience working for school districts in tutoring all subjects with an emphasis on math. I have taught upwards of 100 students algebra to precalculus, and tutor within my university as well.
Cancellation is allowed 24 hours prior to lessons, or you will be charged in full.
George Fox University, Newberg, OR, Double major in Politics and Economics — August 2017- May 2021
Peninsula High School, Gig Harbor, WA — September 2013- June 2017
George Fox University Undergraduate College of Business, Newberg, OR —Social Media Coordinator
February 2018 - PRESENT
● Create biweekly newsletters to promote College of Business events and provide information for students.
● Organize Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook campaigns.
● Conduct interviews with students and faculty.
● Assist with basic office tasks.
City of Fircrest Parks and Recreation Center, Fircrest, WA — Pool Cashier and Day Camp Leader
June 2016 - PRESENT
● Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
● Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
● Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
● Complete general cleaning duties, i.e. mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
● Supervise others and provide on-the-job training.
Day Camp Leader:
● Create weekly games and curriculum for large groups of children.
● Supervise up to 25 6-12 year olds.
● Order and organize materials for activities.
Peninsula School District, Gig Harbor, WA — Tutor and Mentor
October 2016 - May 2017
● Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
● Organize tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning.
● Review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets and assignments.
● Teach students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies.
Appointed Non-Paid Positions
American Enterprise Institute, George Fox University — Executive Council Co-Chair
May 2018 - Present
● Organizing and planning events on campus that promote healthy political discourse.
● Working with contacts in Washington DC to get funding for events on campus.
● Running Social Media campaigns to promote specific events.
● Helping to oversee five other Executive Council Members and two Field Coordinators.
I know Anna from a mentoring class that we both took part in for freshman that where struggling with school and their studies. Anna has also helped me with math multiple times and she was amazing. She was very patient with me due to the fact that I really struggle with math. I would highly recommend her to any student!!
Anna has years of experiences working with students from all backgrounds in a variety of subjects and has completed school board sponsored training on educational best practices. Her subject matter knowledge is deep and meaningful, so you can be sure that your student will truly LEARN the material with Anna’s guidance. She is a kind, intelligent young woman whose passion for teaching and learning will certainly inspire any of her students to give school their best effort.
Works well at many paces. I have writing assignments for college that Anna has thoroughly edited and rephrased in many parts. She is flexible, understanding, and driven to teach.
Anna is not only a wonderful teacher but is also very kind and understanding. She can take it as slow as you need to make sure you understand everything clearly while being patient and supportive. Would highly recommend to anyone!
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$14|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$70|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$140|