From experience, I know that the key to learning a language is making mistakes! That's why I like to teach speaking and listening through as much immersion as possible, and reading and writing through authentic, interesting texts by native speakers. That said, because I'm not a native speaker (I had to learn Spanish "mathematically") I also have an in-depth understanding of the nitty-gritty grammatical and structural issues that often trip up native English speakers.
For elementary, middle, or high school students I will meet you where you are and help you with anything from speaking and listening to test prep.
I am a School of Foreign Service student at Georgetown. Before university I spent two years living in total immersion in Seville, Spain with a host family. I received my Spanish Baccalaureate diploma from a local Spanish speaking high school. I was a language tutor throughout my time there. Prior to living abroad I took two courses in Spanish literature through Johns Hopkins University.
Camden Hills Regional High School (Camden, Maine)
• 2 Spanish courses through Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth.
• Took Spanish V as a Freshman
Instituto de Educacion Secundaria Las Encinas (Seville, Spain)
• Took 11 classes in Spanish, most courses typically requiring up to 5 years of prerequisites.
• Was the only non-native Spanish speaker in school.
• Enrolled in Science track of 1st year Baccalaureate.
Instituto Provincial de Educacion Permanente (Seville, Spain)
• 10/10 Final Average
• Enrolled in the 2nd year Baccalaureate Science track, all courses taught entirely in Spanish
President of Kiva Club
• Re-established inactive club for the funding of microloans through Kiva.org loans. In starting year, club funded 74 loans in 63 countries.
Consul (President) of School’s Latin Chapter
• Elected Consul as a sophomore (usually a position given to seniors). Received Summa Cum Laude in National Latin Exam two years in a row.
• National Honors Society member as a Sophomore.
• Consistent volunteer in the special needs program. Special Olympics volunteer.
• Experienced ESL tutor
• Experienced waitress.
Rebecca is a smart young woman, passionate about languages and she turned her passion to a career. She is a good teacher who goes into detail and makes sure that everybody understands. Also, she is a joyful person which makes the interaction with her easier, I highly recommend her! :)
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|