Superprof since 1 year
Verified profile and diploma
Responds in 24 hours
Customized curricula for employee training programs (such as "Software Development with the C++ Standard Library, unix operating system, etc.)
Duration : Varies: from two weeks to six months. - Price : $3000.00 - Place : Hauppauge
Employee training programs.
Some examples of recent courses:
"Software Development with the C++ Standard Library"
"Efficient use of the POSIX (unix) interface, plus effective shell programming"
"Website Development with HTML/CSS"
... and many others ...
Customized curricula for specialized in-house courses, tailored to your company's need.
Professor "BAM" -- Academic Tutoring & Test-Prep / Long Island, NY (Nassau & Suffolk)
*** Private tutoring: Academic subjects, including mathematics, sciences, geography, history, writing.
*** Test-prep: Techniques for raising scores on "standardized tests" such as SAT/PSAT, ACT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc. (as well as Regents, AP, GED, ASVAB and Civil Service exams).
I focus on understanding of the concepts and developing the student's ability to solve problems -- rather than tedious drill and temporary memorization.
1. I get results! (Demonstrated score improvement, passing courses, raising grades, etc.)
2. Knack for establishing good rapport with each student.
3. Focus on understanding concepts and developing skills and strategies to solve problems.
4. Also, my ability to make things understandable, in writing and in discussion.
30+ years college teaching, plus private tutoring in academic subjects and "test-prep" techniques. Also taught and/or managed many employee-training programs. Developed curricula for training programs, civil-service exam preparation courses, etc. as well as for after-school science clubs and summer camps.
My professional career was primarily in software development and management, at Brookhaven National Lab (BNL), Grumman, Robotic Vision, American Science, and other Long Island companies, and as a software consultant and website developer.
I am also a professional writer, with thousands of pages published, and I currently host two weekly radio shows on a local radio station. Since my early retirement from BNL in 1999, I have increased my teaching and tutoring, as well as my professional writing and radio-broadcasting activities.
- I teach basic computer, computer programming, microsoft excel, databases, web development. Lessons are available for the following levels: primary school, junior high / middle school, sophomore, junior, senior, advanced technical certificate, college, adult education, MBA, beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Duration of the training course : Varies: from two weeks to six months.
- Price of the training course : $3000.00
- Place : Hauppauge
- Maximum number of students during the training course : 25
- Concerned audience : lessons for adults
- Course materials are provided to each participant
- A training course certificate is awarded to each student
- Validity of the workshop : all year