My teaching method is fun and engaging for students to build a love for literature while making the lesson as individualized and rigorous for your specific child's needs. I take a close look at data to ensure each child is getting exactly what they need to be successful.
I am a 10th year Chicago Public School Teacher who also coaches teachers around literacy instruction. I am have taught 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. For 6 consecutive years my students have performed in the 99th percentile for growth.
Carter School of Excellence (AUSL) Turnaround School Chicago, IL 3rd Grade Literacy Lead Teacher and Literacy Academic Coach September 2013-Present
• Manages approximately two literacy classes of thirty (35) high poverty students in a first year turnaround school with the use of 1 to 1 chrome books
• Collaboratively plans and coordinates lessons, in accordance to the CCSS, that blends teacher and student led instruction and critical thinking, and group discovery and discussion by using data to drive all decisions
• Engaged student advocates including parents and families to participate in classroom/school activities and reinforce learning both within and outside the traditional classroom
• Lead students to perform in the 99th percentile on NWEA 6 consecutive years
• Leads team of teachers in bi-weekly professional development sessions including literacy and data driven instruction
• Coaches K-8 literacy teachers at Carter around instruction, management, data analysis and planning
• Leads school in classroom management professional development bi-weekly focusing on a different strategy each session
Bradwell School of Excellence (AUSL) Turnaround School Chicago, IL
1st Grade Mentor Teacher September 2010-June 2013
• Managed approximately thirty (30) high poverty students in a third year turnaround school where the composition includes three special education students, and two ADHD students
• Mentor teacher hosted two residents learning to be exemplar educators
• Represented K-2 while serving on the instructional leadership team
• Worked closely and effectively with other staff, including grade level team members, paraprofessionals, special education team members, and administration to develop goals for individual and groups of students
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|