I believe in teaching that fans the flames of self discovery. Giving students ready answers to how things work and connect is fine, but I believe that teaching you how to independently figure out solutions is the greatest gift that a teacher could bestow - learning through conversation, hands-on activities, learning the art of asking probing questions, and indeed where to look for possible solutions.
PROGRAMMES I TOUGHT ON
• Access to HE (Graphic Design)
• BTEC ND (Graphic Design, Photography, Media)
Level 4 - 5
• HND Graphic Design
• BA (Hons) Graphic Design, Fine Art
ACADEMIC TUITION THAT I OFFER:
• Learning methodology
• Creative & Production processes
• Understanding the brief and Assessment Criteria
• Research skills
• Contextual studies / Art History / Theory
• Essay Writing
• Page composition
• Image editing
• User Experience (UX) / User Interface UI
• Front-end web development
• University Applications, Personal Statements & Interview prep
• Art folio construction
COMPUTER APPLICATIONS TRAINING
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe InDesign
• Microsoft Office
• Mac OS X
• Apple iWork (Pages, Keynote, Numbers)
• And more ...
MY PROFESSIONAL TEACHING WORK:
I taught Art & Design for over 20 years at Solihull College & University Centre, a major further & higher education provider in the West Midlands.
MY DESIGN WORK:
In parallel to my teaching I also acted as an Art director /head designer at Websurgeons.co.uk, a dynamic Birmingham based design studio, where I worked on a number of front-end web development, UX / UI projects, prototyping, user testing, corporate identity, typography, image editing and design for print.
As a designer, educator and, above all, a human being:
• Depth, excellence, innovation in everything I commit to.
• My focus is always on people.
• Partnership, fairness & professional integrity.
• Relationships can be tricky > be patient and stay positive.
• Always tend to others carefully, civilly, sensitively, respectfully.
MY ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters in Visual Communication from BCU, specialism in UX / UI design
• CertEd - Teching Postgrad from Wolverhampton University
• BA in Visual Arts from University of Pristina.
WORK TO DATE:
Lecturer in Art & Design at Solihull College & University Centre
Creative Director at WebSurgeons, Birmingham UK
design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|