After a general introduction meeting to assess the potential needs of the student and showcase what a typical lesson would look like, I personalize the sessions to accommodate students of all levels through a discussion-based format to review lessons and work through problems. This method helps students take an active role in their own academic improvement by facilitating critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the academic area of interest, while simultaneously increasing their motivation and enthusiasm for learning.
I am a 2019 graduate of Drexel University with a BS in Biological Sciences, specifically a concentration in Cellular, Molecular, Genetics and Biochemistry, with a Minor in Psychology. I graduated Magna Cum Laude, as well as Honors with Distinction. I made the Dean's List every quarter and have previous experience teaching undergraduates as a Teaching Assistant and STEM Peer Mentor. I also have experience teaching younger students as a Mentor for elementary students in the local Philadelphia School District. I have tutored high school and middle school students in the past part time.
Rates are negotiable depending on subject level difficulty and frequency of lessons
Transcripts and References can be provided upon request
Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences- Graduation: June 2019
Concentration in Cell/Molecular/Genetic/Biochemistry
Magna Cum Laude
Cumulative GPA: 3.76
Deans List: 2015-2019 Academic Years
Honors with Distinction from Pennoni Honors College
January 2019- June 2019
• Teaching assistant for BIO 244: Genetics
• Graded course materials and held office hours for tutoring help
• Evaluated students’ progress and provided constructive feedback
STEM Peer Mentor
September 2019-December 2019
• Provided personal insight into University life to incoming freshmen students in the Biology Department
• Graded and offered feedback on student reflections
• Provided tutoring support to individual students
Science Club Instructor
April 2018-June 2019
• Organized and led an after-school science club for students of Alain Locke Elementary
• Performed basic scientific experiments to demonstrate concepts in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
• Used student feedback to adjust lesson plan and offer new demonstrations when needed
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$37||$30|