When it comes to algebra my teaching strategy is practice a lot. I like when students send me their lesson plans ahead of time so I can make sure I am comfortable with it and can even find extra practice problems to work on.
For Spanish I also think practice is the most important. To the kids I have tutored I will talk to them in Spanish and will have them practice their reading and writing as well as conjugating verbs. It differs based on the level they are in, but mostly it is just conversation and getting them comfortable with the language.
I am a economics and political science student at Fordham University (graduating in one year!). I have tutored three students in (algebra 1 and algebra 2) for two years.
I also have tutored about five students in Spanish for about 2-3 years. I have helped kids in all levels of Spanish, from beginner to AP level courses and have helped them better understand the language and become more comfortable with speaking it.
Fordham University May 2019
New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts (Economics) & Minor in Political Science, GPA: 3.25
Microeconomics, macroeconomics, math for economists, statistics I, statistical decision making, macroeconomic analysis, microeconomic theory, developmental economics
Trinity University May 2016
San Antonio, TX, GPA: 3.26
Lingnan University, Hong Kong
Program with Trinity University, San Antonio, TX, Summer Abroad May – July 2016
Lulu DK jewelry, Intern, New York, NY May 2017 – Current
• Managed expenses for the company
• Set up trunk shows to gather potential clients
• Created order forms and other documents using excel to facilitate sales
Hing Tak Primary School, Teacher, Hong Kong, China
Teaching at local Hong Kong elementary school May – July 2016
• Taught English to 5th grade students during study abroad
• Created lesson plans and presentations for each class
Monart LTD Real state, Assistant, San Antonio, TX September 2015- April 2016
• Catalogued important documents to ensure easy transactions
• Created flyers with Adobe Photoshop to post online on social media
• Transferred information into the computer using Excel
Grupo Financiero Investment Banking, Intern, Mexico City, Mexico June 2015
• Presented ideas of how Brokerage houses can gain more customers
• Created sample portfolios/ investment strategies for clients
• Shadowed senior investment advisors and portfolio managers
Spanish Tutor, multiple families September 2016 - Present
• Helped students with both conversational and written Spanish
• Assisted students with homework and studying
• Motivated students to get more involved with language and culture
Label and Thread, Intern, New York, NY June-July 2014
• Organized invoices using Excel and proprietary computer programs
• Collaborated with marketing department in the creation of social media posts
• Assisted with sales and shipping
Baby Sitter, multiple families with small children August 2012-Present
• Took care of young children ages 2-14
• Organized assisting with homework and organization of activities
Community Service Council, San Antonio, TX, Saint Mary’s Hall high school
• Coordinated service events of around 20 people for different organizations
• Volunteered over 150 hours throughout high school
LANGUAGES AND SKILLS
Fluent in Spanish
Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mac and Windows Operating Systems
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|