I would like to give lessons to those in high school, or those seeking help in lower level college math classes. I like to keep my lessons low pressure with a friendly atmosphere and work closely with students to arrive at our answers together. The more questions the better!
I earned my degree in Economics (Math minor) from Salisbury University in 2016 and finished Magna Cum Laude. While there, I worked as a teaching assistant for Calculus I, Calculus II, and Macro Economic principles. I've also recently returned from two years of teaching high school Mathematics in the Peace Corps. My specialty is Calculus, but enjoy math in its many forms!
Secondary Education Mathematics Teacher September 2016 to November 2018
United States Peace Corps Maseru, Lesotho
• Taught for the equivalent of 8th, 9th, and 11th grade Math
• Worked with host country nationals to educate school/community on prevention of HIV/AIDS
• Assisted local counterparts in implementing gender equitable practices in classrooms/school
• Transferred knowledge and skills to local educators through co-planning and co-teaching
Supplemental Instructor August 2015 to May 2016
Salisbury University Salisbury, Maryland
• Assisted professors in classroom teaching subject matter for Macro-Economic Principles, Calculus I, and Calculus II
• Led group study sessions outside of established class time to assist students
• Formulated and graded practice tests to assist students in studying for exams
Intern May 2015 to August 2015
Harborside Group Baltimore, Maryland
• Conducted data collection on mutual funds for new client database
• Presented bi-weekly reports to firm on current market happenings
• Received in-depth knowledge on mutual funds
Salisbury University Salisbury, Maryland May 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Minor-Mathematics GPA: 3.7
• GPA in Major 3.9
• Magna Cum Laude
• Member of the International Economics Honor Society: Omicron Delta Epsilon
• Good-Standing every semester
• Recipient of Presidential Scholarship
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking precalculus & calculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|