I create individualized lesson plans for my students that incorporate cultural interests, backgrounds and goals. When teaching a class, I utilize a mixture of student-centered activities in order to make learning relevant and engaging. I use a combination of approaching to education, including the Orff, Kodaly, and Suzuki methods.
I have been giving private music lessons for voice, song writing, percussion, keys, strings, brass, and woodwind instruments for 9 years. I have taught up to 27 students at a time, as an Elementary Music Teacher and Director and as an ESL Literacy Tutor. I obtained my Masters of Music Education in London and am working on publishing the new curriculum I developed by adapting Australia's 8 Ways Pedagogy to suit Non-Mainstream students, ages 16-19. I have been fortunate enough to perform with Maestro Malfatti's select choir at Carnegie Hall in New York and have directed a small troupe of actors in a debut performance of a Murder Mystery.
Students must notify me of lesson cancelation or if they need to reschedule at least 24 hours in advance, unless there is an emergency. Otherwise, there will be a fee of $10, because I will have set that time aside for the student. No fee will be charged for IT complications.
Prior jobs have built my skills in education, presentation, billing and audits, administrating, event coordinating and providing organizational support. I also have extensive experience working in sales, directorial, financial, customer service, musical, theatrical, clerical, and non-profit fields. I am accustomed to training others, working with ESL learners and integrating learning through world cultures into school curriculum and business trainings. I have taught both in-person and through online platforms, independently and in classes of up to 26 pupils.
Master’s in Music Education (Distinction), Kingston University, Sept 2017 - Sept 2018
Modules Studied Include: International Music Ed, Constructing Music in the UK, The Studio Musician, Music Research and French
Kingston Upon the Thames, London, UK
Bachelor of Science (Cum laude) Vocal Performance, University of Evansville, Sept 2008 - Dec 2011
Focused Studies Included: Vocal Pedagogy, Opera, Stage Management, Theatre, Conducting, Piano, and Advanced Music Theory
Evansville, Indiana, USA
Associates of Arts, (Magna Cum Laude) Music Comp. & US History, Olympic College, Aug 2006 - June 2008
Bremerton, Washington, USA
Diploma (Honors), North Mason High School, Sept 2004 - June 2008
Belfair, Washington, USA
Tongass School of Arts and Sciences Aug. 2019 – July 2020
Elementary Music Teacher and Director
• Instructed Preschool - 6th graders in performance, voice, instrument playing, music theory, dance, musical theatre, music history, world music and culture. I had to create a large portion of the curriculum, as it was often not provided.
Instruments I taught at this school include: trombone, trumpet, clarinet, saxophone, flute, keyboard, snare drum, djembe, bass drum, metallophone, xylophone, glockenspiel, bongo, gusli, otamatone, synthesizer, kalimba, bells, cajón, ukulele, guitar, soprano and alto recorder, güiro, and various percussion instruments.
• Taught about instruments and composers from around the world and how students can become composers.
• Coordinated a winter concert, directed a show choir, conducted a beginner and advanced concert band, co-taught Scottish Enrichment activities, brought in community members to promote learning through culture, used puppetry and created interdisciplinary lessons.
• Due to the Covid-19 school closures, I have provided extensive online resources and created videos of musical activities for my students. (concealed information)
Brown and Caldwell through Adecco, Seattle, WA May 2019 – June 2019
Temp Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
• Provide administrative assistance, order food, reserve rooms for meetings, open and close front desk, collect, label & deliver mail, stock supply rooms, arrange company car & camera lending, reserve offices for guests, answer calls, etc.
Musika Lessons, Auburn, WA Feb. 2019 - Present
• Offered music lessons online for beginner ukulele, guitar, cello, piano I-IV, and advanced voice.
Harmony of Music, Washington and Indiana Mar. 2014 – Sept 2017
Music Instructor, Actor and Director
• Created individualized music lesson plans for customers learning voice, piano, cello, trombone, violin, ukulele & theory.
• Wrote murder mystery dinner show for medieval bed and breakfast, composed music, directed small cast, and acted.
Cook Medical Inc., Bloomington, IN Oct. 2013 – Aug. 2016
Sales Operations Billing and Audits Clerk
• Trained new hires, assisted Sales Reps, processed billings, audited inventory, entered and analyzed data, and placed orders.
• Created training manuals, resolved data discrepancies, assisted accounting in data retrieval, and created efficiency reports.
Invoice Clerk at Cook Medical
• Trained substitute Invoice Clerks, manually shipped medical products world-wide and filed customs paperwork; creating documents for countries as needed.
CYS Washington Reading Corps, Olympia, WA Sept. 2012 - July 2013
AmeriCorps Literacy Tutor
• Regularly tutored ESL pre-K, individually and in groups, and led class of 12-28 students in up to 10 activities a day.
• Tutored ESL K-12th graders in English at Literacy Events and as a library assistant at various schools and local libraries.
• Led Circle and Story time using music, books and puppets.
• Planned and prepared class curriculum and maintained student files.
• Provided technical, administrative, and clerical assistance to teachers.
• Planned, organized, and executed family literacy events and activities which provided over 462 books to families.
• Recruited, trained, and supervised volunteers.
University of Evansville, Evansville, IN Aug. 2010 – Dec. 2011
Ridgway (Information) Desk Staff
• Provided information and assistance to students and visitors, often using IT, checked out items to students, managed lost and found, closed desk nightly.
Jose’s Fruit Stand, Belfair, WA July 2009 – Aug. 2010
• Ran cash register, provided customer service, stocked the shelves, cleaned and made displays to attract customers, updated prices, supervised new workers, ran the store solo in the owner’s absence, closed the till, and trained a new hire.
Previous positions have made me proficient in applications such as Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook, 10-key, Excel LVL 2, Google Software, Logic Pro X, Finale, Sibelius, Canvas, Blackboard, and utilizing the Internet for information. I have worked with ESL students through AmeriCorps and while obtaining my MA at Kingston University; building my understanding of cultural differences that impact language and learning. I am an efficient communicator with strong oral, and written communication skills. Experienced in event coordinating and directing; my friendly personality and eagerness to serve others will make me an asset to any team.
TBAP 16-19 Academic AP Academy, Fulham, London, UK June 2018 – July 2018
• Worked with SMEH Music Students to create culturally relevant song covers using Logic Pro X, created individualized lesson plans focusing on each student’s goal(s), and taught through culture using the AU Aboriginal 8 Ways Pedagogy.
Robin Hood Primary School, Kingston, London, UK Mar. 2018 – Apr. 2018
• Worked with 3 ESL student-teachers to instruct 4 (Year 5) students using instruments and voice. Led group activities and reported to Dr. Cynthia Stephens-Himonides. One of the students was IED and often non-verbal.
Smithville Christian Church, Bloomington, IN Jan. 2014 – June 2017
• Served as youth Sunday school teacher and assistant (K-6th grade), puppeteer, and worship team singer and cellist.
Half Price Books, Tacoma Public Schools, Belfair Elementary, Habitat for Humanity & Timberland Regional Library
Multiple WA Locations, Sept. 2012 - Jul. 2013
• Assisted in literacy events, book drives, tutoring, as a library assistant, repairing books, organizing offices, cleaning and displaying donated items when my AmeriCorps Service site was closed.
North Mason Bible Church, Belfair, WA Mar. 2006 – Aug. 2008
• Assisted Youth Pastor James Owolabi with administrative tasks, research, sermon prep, small group leadership, sang at outreach events, and was a member of the small ministry group “Students with a Testimony.”
Basic French (Secondary Honors) May 2018 DBS Enhanced Certificate 03/02/2018
Alaska Teacher Certification Aug 2019
Additional Indiana and Alaska Certifications in Child Care Available Upon Request
References Available Upon Request
I have known Angelina since the 7th grade, we were in youth choir at our church back then. She gave me a couple tips,and later taught me to play her cello. I'm nowhere as good as she is, but I haven't dedicated my life to music the way she has, and she never has a mean thing to say
If anyone can teach you to sing, it’s Angelina. She has a world class education and voice, and she’s also quite a fun person. She will expect you to work hard and to do your best because that is what she has always done.
My daughter took flute lessons from Angelina and she learned a ton! She is patient and thinks outside the box in her music selections, which is a huge help (kids like learning music that is cool).
singing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking wind instruments lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$50||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||$100||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||$225||Not available||$250|