I've decided to tutor due to the number of my colleagues that come to me for help. I am best at re-explaining material that has already been presented to you by a professor/teacher that you may have had trouble understanding the first time through. Many of my friends continually ask me for help because of my teaching style. I am a very conceptual learner, it's not about the math or the numbers it's about the physicality of what it represents. I work best 1 on 1; helping someone work through a problem, re-directing them when the go astray and further explaining concepts I can tell they're struggling to understand.
I am a Mechanical Engineering student at Kettering University, I am finishing my Sophomore year currently with a 3.90 unofficial GPA. I have maintained a 4.0 through Physics I and II, Statics, Dynamics, Calculus I and II as well as Multivariate Calculus. I have spent a year in the field through my Universities Co-op program.
43 Alexander Dr. Gorham, ME 04038
Phone: (207) 671 – 7199
Email: (concealed information)
To secure a cooperative education experience in the Mechanical Engineering industry in order to expand my education and skill set with the opportunity to provide to the employer.
Kettering University – Flint, MI October 2017 – Present
• Major: Mechanical Engineering
• Status: Sophomore II, B-section: (Available for co-op employment January-March and July-September)
• Currently enrolled in Differential Equations and Laplace Transformations, Dynamics, Thermodynamics, and Mechanics of Materials
• Current Unofficial GPA: 3.90
Gorham High School – Gorham, ME 2013 – 2017
• Graduated Magna Cum Laude with an overall GPA: 3.82 and SAT: 1330
• AP courses taken include AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Physics I, AP Physics II, AP Psychology
Mechanical Design Engineer – Emabond Solutions LLC. Auburn Hills, MI December 2017 – Present
• Assembled sandwiches efficiently for customers
• Handled orders with money accurately
• Cleaned and stocked a chain store with high standard of cleanliness
• Experience working with CAD through robotics design team
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work well with others and manage a group through robotics leadership team
• Extensive knowledge of cars through automotive repair experience
• Kettering University Formula SAE Team Member September 2017 – Present
• FIRST Robotics Team 172 Fall 2013–Spring 2017
• Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Southern Maine Spring 2015–Spring 2017
• YoungLife Summer 2015–Summer 2016
• Taught French to Elementary Students 2016 and 2017
• French Club Fall 2014–Spring 2017
• Snowboarding Winter 2013 – Present
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Kettering University Deans List Freshman, I and II, Sophomore I
• Kettering University Provost Merit Scholarship 2017
• Beta Theta Pi’s Men of Principle Scholarship 2017
• AP Scholar with Honors 2017
• National Honor Society Fall 2016-Spring 2017
• High Honor Roll 2015, 2016 and 2017
• Honor Roll 2014
References available upon request
Perfect! Awesome math teacher, very patient!!
Thomas has always been an excellent student and enjoys learning and teaching. In high school, his teachers frequently requested his assistance with teaching his classmates and relied on him to help problem solve when something wasn't correct or needed to be explained in a different way. Thomas will teach in a way that works for you!!
I get A's, Thomas gets better A's. He is the guy to go to for all things math and science. Highly recommend for any mechanical engineering related classes (Calculus, Physics, Dynamics, Thermodynamics, etc.)
He’s an amazing tutor to learn from! He will work with me, no matter the time of day and urgency of the assignment. He sees things in a unique way that will most likely help you completely understand the topic you are trying to learn!
Every time I sit down with Thomas, I always leave understanding the topic better. He is kind and an all around super awesome guy!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|