My teaching method consists of using the raw material of my students and building upon it. I ask guided questions so that their work is their own and they feel fulfilled at the end. I cater my teaching method toward individual student needs and always use positive reinforcement to inspire my students to enjoy learning.
I am a Physician Assistant Student at Hofstra University. I graduated from Binghamton University as Biology Major where I edited papers for all of my friends. They told me I had a gift, and after they all received A's I began to tutor students at the tutoring center on campus in reading and writing. I have experience with reading and writing through the college level and beyond! I also love children and have a lot of babysitting experience which included homework help and bedtime stories so I am versatile and flexible based on availability.
Alexandra B. Ofer
42-42 247th Street, Little Neck, NY 11363 | (concealed information) | (concealed information)
Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies; Expected: December 2019
Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies
Binghamton University, State University of New York; May 2017
Bachelor of Arts in Biology
Fiorello H. Laguardia High School of Music, Art, and Performing Arts
High School Diploma- Vocal Major June 2013
New York Music and Arts
Assistant Manager; May 2017-Present
• Set up the schedule, hired teachers, ran social media accounts, promoted events
Private Tutor; May 2015-Present
• Taught reading and writing to twin girls ages 4-6
SAT tutor; May 2017
• Tutored high school aged kids in SAT reading, math, and writing
Babysitter; May 2013-Present
• Babysat children aged 18 months-12 years old
• Provided fun, safety, entertainment, homework help, and focused play
Parkwood Pool: Great Neck Park District Great Neck, NY
Emergency Medical Technician May 2015-May 2017
• Responded quickly and efficiently to emergencies on pool premises as the primary caregiver until the ambulance arrived
Mr. Matthew Shebes, Supervising Surgical P.A., Long Island Jewish Medical Center; June-September 2014
• Observed patients in the Surgical ICU and their treatment plans while accompanying the Surgical Team on rounds
Mrs. Dolly Sookdeo, Volunteer Coordinator, Long Island Jewish Medical Center; June-August 2014
• Offered comfort and care to patients in the Emergency Room
Dr. Jonathan Horowitz, Bayside Pediatrics; July-August 2014
• Administered supervised check-ups on patients, attained vital signs including height and weight and asked questions to obtain a clinical history
Pierce Camp Birchmont; June- August 2013
• Taught children of varying abilities, ages 8 to 15 years old, how to swim, sail, and ski.
• Supervised 20 children, and collaborated with staff to develop fun and creative activities.
Neuroscience Club, Binghamton University August 2014- May 2017
• Attended weekly meetings and volunteered at recruitment events
Binghamton Writing Center August 2014- May 2017
• Provided high-quality, practical individual assistance with writing assignments of all sorts
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Other Certifications: EMT, BLS, ACLS, Lifeguard, CPR, AED, 2200 on SAT
Activities: Singing, Writing, Singling, Tennis
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|