I like to base my lessons around the student's needs. So, if you were to tell me that you struggle with close reading or language features, I would design a set of lessons that will introduce the basic concepts and then work towards an A* grade answer. I would like to spend some time with my students in order to completely understand their needs and the way they learn. I design all of my materials from scratch to make sure they're completely suited to each individual student.
I am a writer, and I have been studying English for... well, a very long time! I have A-levels in both English Language and English Literature, and I achieved 100% UMS in each. I have undertaken four years of undergraduate study in English, and I am continuing on to pursue an MA! I have experience in teaching and love interacting with students of all ages and abilities.
Cancellation is free if notified 24 hours in advance. If not, a £10 fee applies.
If travelling more than 5 miles, travel cost increases £1 per mile.
I am a highly committed English Language and Literature (INT) student, reading at the University of Leeds and graduating in July. Currently, I am looking for tutoring roles to help supplement my MA, which I will be starting in September.
Ongoing: University of Leeds, September 2014 – June 2018. Predicted Upper 2:1/1st . Current 4th year average is 77.
I am currently in my final year of reading BA English Language and Literature (INT). My key achievements throughout my degree include:
• I undertook a year abroad at SUNY Brockport, USA, during which I gave talks to up to 250 people, gave workshops, wrote for The Stylus, and achieved a 4.0GPA (100%).
• Secretary for the Anime & Manga Society. Ongoing. Regularly plans events and performs administrative duties including taking minutes, organising agendas, and acting as the first point of contact for members, businesses, and the university.
• Won a Riley Award from LUU for the Outstanding Collaboration section.
• I undertook a placement with Students into Schools in 2015-16. During this placement, I personally tutored 5 students individually and took on three classes.
• Regularly tutor fellow university students, A-level students, and GCSE students.
• I volunteer with the Little London Community Centre, which works with female refugees.
• I have contributed to the university’s magazine, The Gryphon, on several occasions.
• In 2016, I volunteered fortnightly with Night Line.
• Acquired conversational Japanese language skills.
• I was Beginners Japanese course rep in 2014-15. This included attending meetings, collating data and reports, and implementing change. I was responsible for the implementation of a grammar booklet.
• I volunteered with the Study Abroad Office to give the 2018 Country Briefing, and during my year abroad, regularly contributed to their blog with my posts regularly reaching up to 1000 views.
• Efficiently able to use WordSmith and CFL.
• Able to represent data clearly and accurately through undertaking a module in Corpus Linguistics.
• Regularly perform with Playhouse Lab (an improvisational early modern theatre group).
• I write to two elderly citizens in Yorkshire to help tackle loneliness.
Churston Ferrers Grammar School - 2012-2014, where I achieved 3 A levels and 1 AS level. My UMS scores in English Language and Literature were 99.5% and 100% respectively, leading to two awards for academic excellence.
English Language – A* English Literature – A* History – A Economics AS – B
Brixham College - 2007-2012, where I achieved 10 GCSEs.
English Language – A* English Literature – A History – A Hospitality and Catering – A Media Studies – A* Mathematics – B Science – A (biology A*, chemistry A*, physics B) Additional Science – B (biology A, chemistry A, physics B) Religious Education – A Citizenship - A French – Merit. IT ECDL Extra certificate.
November 2016 – present. Unpaid internship.
Life With Dogs and Cats
I currently work at Life With Dogs and Cats as a freelance Social Media Manager and general assistant. LWDC is a website based around the trials and laughs in caring for and living with seven pets. I create posts, visuals, edit videos, and promote them on social media platforms. I also run giveaways, and write reviews of pet-related products. I am also responsible for administrative duties such as arranging meetings, liaising with businesses, completing paperwork, etc. The role involves use of Photoshop, general website design, and general social media use, controlled via Hootsuite. During my year abroad (2016-17), I was involved in physically caring for the animals featured on LWDC.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|