I have been teaching since 2004 and have an Ed.M in TESOL. I have taught in the U.S.A. and abroad. I am fluent in Spanish and am also a published writer.
I love teaching and love helping my students reach their goals and take advantage of all the opportunities that speaking English has to offer. Some information about my classes:
- Speaking/listening, pronunciation and intonation, vocabulary, and writing classes online
- Students of all ages and English levels
- Classes are completely tailored to students' needs and goals.
- I provide detailed feedback after every class.
- In conversation classes, we focus on fluency, accuracy, and comfort and confidence when speaking English. We also work on pronunciation and intonation.
- Students have the option of supplementing these classes with online interactive lessons.
- In writing classes, we use Skype and Google Docs to look at and correct your writing together. We work on sentence structure, punctuation, grammar, and vocabulary.
- For students interested in intensive classes with reading, listening, writing, vocabulary, and grammar exercises, I provide all the materials.
- I also offer classes to help you prepare for job interviews, which include templates to help you organize your answers to potential interview questions, enabling you to feel confident and calm.
- My classes are also fun, as this is such an important part of language learning!
- Classes are taught 6 days a week, Sunday through Friday. Rates for private students:
--- Conversation Classes:
$30 / 1 hour
$23 / 45 minutes
$15 / half hour
--- Writing Classes: $40 / 1 hour
--- Intensive Classes: $45 / 1 hour
--- Interview Preparation: $40 / 1 hour
The first class (30 minutes) is free.
Please contact me for special rates for group classes and other courses.
- I have been teaching for 12 years.
- I have taught students of all ages and English levels from numerous countries.
- Past students/places I have taught include:
--- the Spanish Army
--- Social Security of Madrid
--- executives at ING, Accenture, and Indra in Spain
--- bilingual elementary school students in Mexico
--- middle school students in the U.S.A.
--- Google in Argentina
--- Boston University, Temple University, and Real Colegio Complutense at Harvard University
--- Language learners preparing for exams, study abroad, and travel
My students have consistently received promotions, improved test scores, been accepted to universities, fulfilled other language learning goals, and found tremendous confidence using English.
- Master's of Education in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Boston University
- CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) from International House Madrid
- Bachelor's of Art in History from Bryn Mawr College
- Past courses taught include
--- Academic and everyday vocabulary
--- TOEFL preparation
--- University level speaking/listening/reading/writing classes
--- Pronunciation and Intonation
--- Creative writing
Perfect! Jennifer é extremamente profissional e dedicada. Também sou professora de inglês e fiz umas aulas com ela para aprimorar meus conhecimentos na língua e na didática de ensino. Super recomendo!
Maíta was a wonderful student. It was fantastic to share ideas with another online teacher. I was so happy to have a chance to work with her!
Perfect! I'm a Brazilian anesthesiologist and Jennifer is the best English teacher I've ever had for two reasons (like the TOEFL template).
First, she prepares classes tailored for the student. For example, she helped me with my interview for a job in Canada. We practiced some questions that she found on the internet that were specific to my career.
Second, we studied for the TOEFL test and also everyday vocabulary. I could practice the speaking and writing tasks during the classes and she gave me material for the reading and listening sections. Moreover, we practiced conversations about the airport, apartment rental and hospital routines. I'll need to use this kind of vocabulary when I go to Canada.
I've already recommended her to several friends of mine. She really likes her job, she answers emails quickly, and prepares notes and exercices after each class. To sum up, she's an excellent teacher.
Thank you so much, Carol. It is a pleasure teaching you and learning from you. I'm so proud of all the hard work you've done and all that you've achieved. Keep going. :)
Perfect! Je recommande vivement Jennifer. C'est une prof incroyable qui m'a fait progresser à l'oral et améliorer considérablement mon anglais. Elle a su être à l'écoute de mes besoins et me proposer des cours sur mesure et adaptés. Elle est très pédagogue et m'a apporté beaucoup de confiance. N'hésitez pas à la contacter!
I can just recommend Jennifer as an ESOL teacher. She’s been given me classes for two months. I wanted to improve my conversational skills and to feel confident in English. Jennifer is a very professional teacher. She truly listens to your needs and always sends me a detailed feedback with all my errors. She’s also a motivating a interesting woman. Not only am I improving my linguistic skills but also my cultural knowledge about the US. It’s always a pleasure to skype with her.
I met Jennifer through a friend who had ESL classes with her some months ago. She told me that Jennifer was the best teacher she´d ever had. So, I hired her to help my son improve his English and get a better score on the TOEFL test. We had just moved from Brazil to the USA and my son only had a few days to study and prepare for the test. Jennifer did a very good job with him.
After that nice experience, I decided to have intensive private classes with her. During that time, I could see what a good teacher she is because she has a tremendous amount of knowledge of what she is teaching. She also has the ability to pass it on to her students in an effective way because she knows the process of learning a new language.
I believe Jennifer was born to teach ESL students, as she is an open-minded person and likes to not only teach but also learn from her students.
I am from France and Jennifer is the best English teacher I’ve ever had!!! We communicate mainly by emails and she always answers very rapidly to my emails, gives me very useful tips, and helps me to have the best English essays I can (as English is not my first language)! She cares a lot about her students and is very professional. Highly, highly, highly recommend.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, listening comprehension - english lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|