The classes are focused on the students needs and can be a combination of lessons with exercises and the use of videos may be included to reinforce the learning process.
The goal is to keep the student motivated and engaged with the class, creating a friendly leaning environment to achieve the student's goals.
Fulfill both short- and long-term substitute assignments across all subject areas, effectively teaching students of varied academic/age levels (grades K-12) and diverse cultural backgrounds. Instruct classes of as many as 24 students; communicate with teachers, administrators and parents; and build a positive rapport with students
CERTIFIED ENGLISH TEACHER
TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
Skills and knowledge areas include:
• K-12 Instruction (All Subjects)
• English as a second language(ESL), English for speakers of other Languages (ESOL),Teaching English as a second Language(TESL) Instruction
• Ability to Follow Lesson Plans
• Student Records Management
• Student Engagement
• Classroom management & Discipline
• At-Risk & Special Needs Students
• Formal & Informal Learner Assessment
• Technology Integration
• Parent / Teacher Communications
• After-School Programs
• Individualized Education Program (IEP) Documentation
Substitute Teacher (K-12), 2006-2012—Broward County Public Schools (Broward County Florida).
Fulfill both short- and long-term substitute assignments across all subject areas, effectively teaching students of varied academic/age levels (grades K-12) and diverse cultural backgrounds. Instruct classes of as many as 24 students; communicate with teachers, administrators and parents; and build a positive rapport with students.
Key Contributions & Educational Outcomes:
• Consistently praised for dedication, reliability, organization and effectiveness as one of school district's most in-demand substitutes. Filled in for permanent teachers at a moment's notice; closely adhered to lesson plans; and kept students motivated, engaged and focused. Repeatedly selected as a long-term substitute for teachers on maternity or extended medical leave.
• Frequently subbed for absent ESL/ESOL/TESL, high school Spanish and special education teachers as one of the few substitute teachers qualified in these areas. Showed resourcefulness and teaching effectiveness in meeting the needs of students with limited English language proficiency as well as learning disabilities.
• Incorporated technology into students' learning activities for varied academic disciplines, enhancing students’ understanding of material and reaching the students’ successfully academic goals.
Private English Tutor 2014- Current Cali Colombia
Teaching to professionals, students employees, all levels and ages.
Classes to improve conversation, pronunciation ,grammar, vocabulary, reading and writing.
Preparation to take English exams, translations and interpreter.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Teaching English as a Foreign Language, October 2016
TEFL Professional Development Institute
Masters of Science in Urban Environmental System Management, July 2014
Pratt Institute (Brooklyn NY)
Bachelor of Arts - Architecture, with a Minor in Art History, December 2009
Florida Atlantic University (Ft Lauderdale. FL)
Overall GPA 3.50
National Dean’s List 2006, 2007
National Honor Society, 2007
Substitute Teacher Training, August 2006
Broward College,(Davie, FL)
Substitute Teacher Certification, September 2006 (Renewed in 2011)
The School Board of Broward County Florida (Fort Lauderdale FL)
High School Diploma, March 2001
Department of Education, State of Florida
ESL lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|