Firstly, I would spend some time getting to know the student, their interests and hobbies. I firmly believe in order to successful as a tutor, you need to find something you can both relate to, as it makes it easier on the student if they like their tutor, and don't dread being tutored, and also it helps the tutor tailor lessons to suit the students own skills, abilities and personality.
I am a recently graduated high school student with qualifications in advanced level English and French. Moving to the University of St Andrews in September to study English, I am happy to spend time helping you succeed in your own exams for English.
Self-motivated Calm under pressure
Extremely organized Ability to converse in French
Team player Ability to commit to a task
Front of House Member of Staff
Knockinaam Lodge Hotel, Portpatrick, Scotland November 2016 to November 2017
• Interacted positively with customers while promoting hotel facilities and services.
• Helped prepare for special events in the restaurant, such as receptions, promotions and weddings.
• Maintained a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
• Clearly and promptly communicated pertinent information to colleagues, such as last-minute changes to customer requirements.
• Ability to identify areas of weakness and seek support to help improve.
Stranraer Academy, Stranraer, Scotland October 2014 to April 2018
Senior Support Ambassador
• Attended special events, acting as a representative of Stranraer Academy, to engage with the parent body to promote our work.
• Worked closely with fellow pupils and staff to help foster a welcoming climate for incoming S1 pupils.
• Used time management and organisational skills to ensure new pupils were taken to class on time.
• Helped create new friendships among pupils by participating in a senior pupil led activities afternoon.
Scotland Reads Paired Reading Tutor
• Spent almost 150 hours helping disadvantaged pupils to improve their reading skills, gaining recognition for this via the respected Saltire Award scheme.
• Took part in yearly training to ensure skills were refreshed and kept up-to-date.
• Ensured pupil was focused on their work whilst building up a lasting friendship.
Stranraer Academy, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland
Graduating June 2018
SQA National 5 Awards
Business Management A, Computing Science A, English A, French A, Mathematics B, Modern Studies A, Physics A
SQA Higher Awards
English A, French A, Modern Studies A, Physics B
British Heart Foundation – Heartstart Award - Pass
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Test prep for all!
Taking Dissertation and thesis writing preparation has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$19|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$94|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$188|