My teaching methodology is usually tailored to the type of class or individual student. For younger students, I like to base my lessons around activities and games so that they are fully engaged in the learning process. With older students, I first try to evaluate what areas they need to improve in, and the develop a class structure that will challenge them without burning them out.
I am currently a recreation leader. For the past three years, I was working as a teaching assistant in Spain, helping ESL students learn English. I worked in a high school leading classes of up to 30 students, while also providing private tutoring to primary and middle school students.
• Recreation Leader with three years of experience running K – 8 summer camps and assisting in a classroom setting
• Adept at leading recreational and educational activities for youth between the ages of 6 and 17
• Able to create and implement recreation programs that include a mix of sports, arts, and educational activities
• Knowledgeable of safety procedures and First Aid
North American Language and Culture Assistants in Spain
October 2015 – May 2018
• Supported teachers in preparing lesson plans for high school students across multiple subjects
• Led classroom activities that focused on English language comprehension, U.S. culture, and subjects such as math, science, and history
• Utilized a variety of multimedia platforms to create engaging lessons
• Helped students learn English grammar and vocabulary while also acting as a mentor and role model outside of the classroom
City of Stanton
Summer Camp Recreation Leader
June 2015 – September 2017
• Planned multiple summer programs for children between the ages of 6 and 12
• Supervised up to 30 children during camp activities and field trips
• Assisted with community relations and preparation of city events and services
Duke University, Durham, NC May 2014
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Minor: Spanish Certificate: Markets and Management
Lakewood High School, Lakewood, CA June 2010
Graduated with Honors
• Native English speaker and fluent in Spanish
• Knowledgeable of rules and playing techniques in multiple sports
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|