My teaching method is pretty flexible and would be based on the particular needs of the student. Whether you're someone who already loves writing assignments and just needs some extra workshopping or if essays are what you struggle most with in school, I'm happy to work around your needs. I like to get students warmed up by doing some writing exercises and then delve into more specific assignments, based on what they feel they need help with the most. Writing is an art and should be a fun and creative process, and that's the energy and attitude I try to bring to my lessons.
I am a recent BA in English graduate who has experience working with students ranging from junior high to university level on all types of writing, from essays and academic pieces to poetry and creative writing. Writing is my life's passion and I was lucky enough to have many supportive educators over the years who helped encourage and inspire me. Now, I'd love to give back to current students in a similar way!
Portland Community College Portland OR—E nglishMajor AUG 2013 - JUN 2015
Portland State University,Portland OR— BA inEnglish AUG 2015 - JUN 2018
EXPERIENCE AND RELEVANT COURSEWORK
Laurel Tree Charter School, Arcata, CA — English TA AUG 2009 - JUN 2012
● Assisted student groups ranging from 6th to 12th grade with both writing and editing drafts of various English essay assignments
● Worked one-on-one with students after editing their work to discuss the changes made and help them improve their own editing skills
● Utilized various rubrics and standardized grading and editing checklists when working with students
Various Workshop Classes, Portland State University — Peer Reviewer AUG 2015 - JUN 2018
● Participated in a wide range of workshop-style writing courses in which students were expected to complete pages of write-ups responding to the work of each classmate and making suggestions for the next draft, as well as providing line-by-line spelling and grammar edits on the piece itself
● Some courses focused on various sub-categories (such as film, literature, and journalism), and students were expected to be familiar with the particular language, tone, and formatting specific to these areas
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|