My lesson plans are geared towards the student's specific learning styles and needs.
For example, if a student is more engaged with games rather than reading word problems, I would create a lesson plan with the learning style as a priority to ensure the student's success.
A 1-hour lesson might look like the following:
- An assessment of the skill(s) the student is looking to improve which will be discussed beforehand
- An honest and compassionate discussion about the struggles the student might be facing and what they hope to achieve in the lesson (All my lesson plans are focused on student and parent goals. These might include: standardized test preparation, SAT Reading and Verbal preparation, English as a second, or third language, specific grade-level reading and writing, etc.)
- Engaging lesson plan and activities following the discussion.
Each lesson is interactive, involves 100% student participation and response and is fostered for the student to feel confident.
I have found that having the student involved in their learning 100% of the time yields results that they are proud of. They also completely enjoy the lessons as they do not feel "less than anyone" in any way.
In my teaching methods, I believe in truly being present and listening to my students. In this way, I am able to understand their personality, engagement style, and what makes the subject accessible to them. I also believe in compassion and consideration, and setting goals that the student feels they can meet.
My lessons are always fun while meeting goals! There is no other way to learn in my book :)
I've been teaching for the past 14 years to students of all ages, and a variety of goals. I have also worked in the digital marketing world as a content writer, editor and manager, where I've developed content for more than 50 websites in all industries.
I've taught over 50 students the use of the English language (reading, writing, speech) from various backgrounds: Brazil, India, China, Taiwan, Philippines, Morocco, France, U.A.E., etc. I speak Hindi, Portuguese, and Spanish fluently and therefore am able to teach from the perspective of a non-native English speaker as well.
My students have gone on to study law in the U.S., become successful content writers for American audiences, passed standardized testing at the high school and college level and have improved their essay writing and story development significantly. My students have also gained a mastery and confidence in English conversation and job interviews.
I believe in educating so that my students feel have the skill-set to succeed, in every fashion :)
My lesson plans are tailored to the student's goals, and learning styles. This is never compromised, because I value both of our time and investment.
Each lesson includes an assessment and evaluation to measure the growth and weaker aspects on which to improve.
My rates are reflective of my teaching credentials (I have a BA in Linguistics, 14 years of teaching experience from K-12 and higher education, and have worked with students of various cultures and non-English speaking backgrounds):
In-home tutoring: $60/hour
Online Tutoring: $45/hour
5 hours of Tutoring: $190
10 hours of Tutoring: $405 (1 hour free)
ENGLISH & WRITING TUTOR
Los Angeles, CA / September 2016-April 2018
- Developed a 1-year English curriculum to teach 4 non-native adult English speakers the English language
- Created over 60 comprehensive lesson plans that ensured that each student’s learning style was incorporated
- Created worksheets and practice tests to solidify concepts in grammar and writing
- Received 100% positive feedback from students, and the department director
ENGLISH & SPANISH TUTOR
Sao Paulo, Brazil / January 2013-August 2013
- Tutored 2 Brazilian college students in English & Spanish language, both in reading, writing, and speaking
- Ensured one student was able to communicate comprehensively in English to pursue a dual-language degree in law (English and Brazilian Portuguese)
ENGLISH & MATH TUTOR
1 on 1 Academic Tutoring Company, LA / Sept 2011- May 2012
- Tutored 12 students (K through 12th grade) individually to achieve realistic learning goals personally, and to successfully pass standardized tests
- Improved test scores by 80%; developed study and organizational skills to further academic achievement
USCReaders Tutors, Los Angeles / Sept 2010- Dec 2011
- Designed engaging lesson plans involving arts and games to teach math concepts to 8 elementary school students
- Conducted enrichment activities in after-school sessions, assisted with homework in all subjects
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|