Provided individualized support for students that are struggling with learning concepts. Offered students homework and boot camp to help student improve their critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Outstanding classroom organizational skills to bring in focus and attention.
I'm an MBA, Certified Managememt Accountant and Accomplished Business Executive. I have been teaching for a long time. I have taught maths to elementary to middle school students. I'm passionate about teaching maths and helping kids overcome the fear of numbers. Math is like a language and needs to be taught in simple terms.
Would like to receive 24 hour cancellation notice if lesson is cancelled. I can offer improved rates if there are a group of students.
Elementary Math Teacher Mar’18 to Aug’18
RUSSIAN SCHOOL OF MATH, Connecticut
RSM help’s children of all levels build a solid math foundation and develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. RSM students have consistently churned out remarkable scores on standardized tests and in national and international math competitions.
• Teaching RSM Way: Teaching math to grades 2nd and 5th (advanced level). Unique ability to simplify more complex math concepts for elementary school students. Prepared tests after each chapter and periodic quizzes to determine student progress. Utilized discussion-based lessons to interact and promote a deeper understanding of concepts.
• Enabling Learning: Provided individualized support for students that are struggling with learning concepts. Offered students homework and boot camp to help student improve their critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Outstanding classroom organizational skills to bring in focus and attention.
• Class Room Operations: Recorded student grades and tracked individual progress and identified areas of improvement. Stayed in communication with Parents about student progress.
• Retained to teach grades: 3rd - 5th during summer school from July to August 2018 and grades 3rd, 4th and 5th (advanced level) for academic year from September 2018 to June 2019. Identified in the region for additional training and mentoring from Head Quarters.
Senior Director Apr’15 to Dec’17
HARMAN CONNECTED SERVICES- A SAMSUNG Company, Connecticut
Recruited to stabilize $10 million troubled Professional Services business unit. Promoted to Head of Business Unit leading a 30-member team. Collaborated with Senior Management on sales plan, goals performances.
• Full P&L Charter: Chartered to build a dedicated sales organization to provide business growth in Americas. Authored Business Plan, Sales Strategy to bring in business realignment. Drove business growth from $10 million to $15 million in two years while improving Gross Margin from 18% to 22%.
• Client Management and growth: Develop and nurtured new client relationships. Won over key accounts due to strategic approach and influential partnerships. Individually contributed and sourced new and annuity business worth $4 million in two years.
• Team Building: Hired, mentored sales team to sell project-based services. Build inside sales team in India. Guided, motivated team through organizational changes and helped them navigate the dynamic environment.
Co-Founder May’13 to May’15
THE PLATINUM CLUSTERS INC- Hartford, CT
Took a bold decision of venturing into entrepreneurship and launched a startup Staffing Company placing IT consultant with direct clients and System Integrators.
• Start Up & Growth Strategy: Transitioned new venture from concept to full-scale operation through an aggressive business and marketing strategy. Implemented standardized procedures, developed and trained offshore team to support rapid growth of $400,000 in span of 24 months.
• Team Building: Developed personnel, motivated staff to exceed goals, and improved production and sales.
• Operations: Built process flow for business operations. Managed business accounting through Quick Books. Monthly analysis of business metrics and taking corrective action.
Associate Director Aug’12 to Aug’ 13
COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGIES- Glastonbury, CT
Brought on board to lead and grow a startup relationship with a $1.6 billion Property and Casualty Carrier.
• Business Growth & Strategy: Scaled business from $400,000 to $ 4 million and increased billable head count from 4 to 50 consultants in 12 months. Improved quality of revenue and account margins from 38% to 43%.
• Collaborated and Designed: Quality assurance organization and delivered against $2 million contract with 32 billable consultants. Monitoring project to ensure delivery against agreed scope, budget, and schedule and customer expectations
Previous Client Facing Engagements Apr’92 to July’12
• Turnaround Strategy: Re-positioned Infosys as a strategic vendor resulting in improved corporate reputation and market share. Grew account revenues by 25% from $8 million to 10 million in two years for a large life insurance client.
• Re-aligned Business: Provided 25% revenue growth from $12 million to $15 million in 12 months. Re-aligned Account operations to rebuild dwindling customer confidence for a Global Life and Wealth Management Company.
• Exponential Growth: Blueprinted and lead an aggressive growth strategy to increase revenues from $1 million to $15 million in three years for Fortune 500 Life Insurance Client. Pursued and closed large Infrastructure outsourcings deal with TCV of $10 million.
• Client Orientation: Coached client for outsourcing and offshoring business models. Doubled revenue and headcount from $9 million to $ 18 million in one year for a $20 billion Fortune 100 Health Insurer.
• Led Corporate Finance and Treasury Teams: Prepared project reports and raised short and long-term loans for project expansion for Large Conglomerate in India.
• Master’s in Business Administration - Asian Institute of Management, Philippines, 1999-2000
• Professional Qualifications - Certified Management Accountant-Institute of Management Accountants, USA (2013) and Certified Management Accountants – Institute of Management Accountants, India (1992)
• Development Courses- Introduction to Corporate Finance; Developing Innovative Ideas for New
Companies, Executive Leadership Certificate from Cornell University
• Volunteer Math Tutor (2015)
• PTA Member for West District Elementary School, CT (2012-2014)
• President of Farmington West Estates Home Owners Association (2017 to present)
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$25||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$22||$200|