My teaching method is based on detecting and encouraging music talent in students and designing appropriate lesson plans tailored to the student's age, musical knowledge and interest. Throughout each lesson we go through a couple of breathing and vocal exercises and sing the assigned songs, as I monitor their progress. I always try to use multicultural educational tools to vary lessons, as well as founding concert series and inviting guest performers to cultivate a fun and dynamic environment. In case of younger students, some of my efforts to enhance a strong relationship with parents have been holding conferences to keep parents informed of their child’s progress.
I have been singing for 10 years now, but I didn't start as a singer! I got my bachelor's degree in Instrumental Music (Flute) and discovered my passion for singing in the middle of my musical path as a flutist. I began private voice instruction and when I moved to United States in 2013, I started studying classical voice at Pasadena City College. Currently, I am a graduate student in Music- Vocal Performances at California State University, Northridge.
I started teaching music and voice lessons five years ago, and I have had students with a wide range of musical backgrounds and different ages, from five year old to adults. I work on my students' techniques and I prepare them for their recitals, auditions and competitions. Recently one of my students got into a great music program in Paris, France.
I will have a discount for students who would like to buy a monthly package.
I would like to add a travel cost of $ 5 to my lessons, when commuting to student's residence.
My cancellation policy requires a minimum of 24 hour notice.
Caring and motivated educator committed to fostering a love and appreciation of music and an understanding of basic musical concepts especially in young children. Good leadership and classroom communication skills. Experienced in individualizing instruction by discovering music talent in students and plan the lessons based on their needs and interests.
• Advanced Vocal and Choral music training
• Instrumental Music training ( Flute) and Orchestral Performance experience
• Musicianship skills
• Acting and Performance skills
• Skilled in planning musical plays and concerts
Graduate Student- Vocal Performances- California State University Northridge, GPA: 4 2017- Present
Associate Degree in Music, Voice- Pasadena City College, GPA: 4 2014-2017
Associate Degree in Instrumental Music, Flute- Rahil Conservatory- Tehran, Iran, GPA: 4 2011-2013
-Self- Employed Voice Instructor, Los Angeles 2017- Present
• Taught individual voice and theory lessons to students ages 12- adults
• Developed well-balanced lesson plans for each student
• Taught basic musical terms and knowledge to beginners
• Assigned appropriate musical repertoire based on students’ age, level and voice category
• Designed a chart for evaluating students’ progress
-Valley Academy of Arts and Sciences, Los Angeles, Intern Voice Teacher August- December 2017
• Designed and taught voice lessons to students in grades 8 and 12
• Coached students on healthy musical theatre techniques
• Prepared students for end of semester’s recital
-Aseman Music Institute- Tehran, Iran- Voice Teacher 2014-2017
• Taught voice lessons to students during summer and Christmas breaks
• Organized masterclasses and prepared students for International auditions and competitions
-Tehran French Embassy School, Tehran, Iran- Music Teacher August 2012- May 2013
• Developed general lesson plans for preschool children to 3rd grade
• Taught children how to play a range of musical instruments
• Created simple musical scores for younger children
• Used manipulative and hands-on activities to engage children and maintain a productive lesson
• Established reward systems to keep students eager to learn
• Organized and conducted student concerts at the end of each semester
Singer at Verdi Chorus- Los Angeles 2015-2018
Brahms Requiem- Pasadena Presbyterian Church 2018
Adele (Cover)- Die Fledermaus- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2017
Josh/Lucy- The Perfect American- Chicago Opera Theatre 2017
Josh/Lucy- The Perfect American (US Premiere)- Long Beach Opera 2017
Voice Recital- Pasadena City College 2016
USC Collegium Concert- University of Southern California- Los Angeles 2016
Susanna- Le Nozze di Figaro (Scenes)- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2016
First Witch- Dido and Aeneas (Scenes)- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2016
Vitellia- La Clemenza di Tito (Scenes)- Angels Vocal Art 2016
Yum-Yum- Mikado (Scenes)- Angels Vocal Art 2016
Olympia- Les contes d’Hoffmann- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2016
Äennchen- Der Freischütz (Scenes)- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2015
Poppea- L’incornazione di Poppea (Scenes)- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2015
Sister Genovieffa- Suor Angelica- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2014
Gherardino- Gianni Schicchi- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2014
C.O Arnold Award for Outstanding Music Achievement and Services 2017
Verdi Chorus Apprentice Program Winner 2015
Instruments: Flute (solo and orchestral)
Languages: Fluent in English, Farsi, and French. Italian and German (conversational)
Dance and Movement skills
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|